Skip navigation

48191 Views 258 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Moonslug RSS 1 2 3 ... 18 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2010 1:26 PM

The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

Share your experiences with the The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN below Back to event details page.

• Heidi P Huerta Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 29, 2009
    1. Sep 25, 2010 10:13 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

This was such an amazing event.  I can't pinpoint one exact component...excellent organization for expo, water stops, finish line food/water/electrolytes, awards.  It was so amazing seeing all the women on the course (and a few token men.)

Thank you Dawna for bringing such an amazing event to Nashville and enriching women's lives!  I can't wait to see you next year.

• run4me57 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010
    2. Sep 25, 2010 12:36 PM (in response to Guest )

What a great event, from the expo to the race, to the post-race party.  Everything was smooth (at least for the participants). It was great to see such a wonderful celebration of women.  Can't wait until next year.  Thanks to Women's Running Magazine!

• bamagrl2911 Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010
    3. Sep 25, 2010 1:31 PM (in response to Guest )

Absolutely perfect event!  I did the 5K this year and I can't wait to come back for the half next year!!  Thank you for such an amazing experience! 

• DONNA MURPHREE Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007
    4. Sep 25, 2010 1:36 PM (in response to Guest )

Had a fantastic time.  The weather was great lots of water stops and support.  Thanks for bringing it to Nashville. 

• gina88996 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 1, 2010
    5. Sep 25, 2010 1:38 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event!!!!

Has anyone heard any news about the woman taken to the hospital at the finish line? I pray she is alright.

• lk8596 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 6, 2008
    6. Sep 25, 2010 3:05 PM (in response to Guest )

This race is not a good first 1/2 marathon for novice runners. I've run many 1/2's and 16 full marathons with a BQ time and am training hard for my next marathon. Even though my time was decent (1:45),  I am going to say that this is a tough, hilly course. The elevation chart is misleading and doesn't correctly depict the constant rolling hills. I've run the Country Music Marathon 7 times and many smaller race in Nashville and never had this many hills in one race.  The aid stations were positioned well.  Very little crowd support, but good bands in a few places.  The water at the finish was handed out warm instead of being kept in ice and chilled for the warm day.

• Michelle Allen-Parker Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 6, 2008
    7. Sep 25, 2010 4:16 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half marathon.  I enjoyed it.  Many said it was hillier than the Music City Marathon.  I didnt know any better.  The only thing I could say is why put such a huge incline in the last mile?  I was hoping to coast in at that point.

I thought the end of it was very nice with all the white chairs, tables with white tableclothes, vendors selling flowers, massage tent and even a cookie tent.  The awards were beautiful and something to strive for in the future!

Thanks for bringing this event to Nashville.

• Sunnymosmile Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 7, 2008
    8. Sep 25, 2010 8:04 PM (in response to Guest )

This half marathin was incredible.  Tough course but very challenging and so much fun.  The staff was super friendly and the race was well organized.  This will be an annual event!

• GettingFaster1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 22, 2010
    9. Sep 25, 2010 9:48 PM (in response to Guest )

Oddly enough after reading the previous reviews, I thought that the course was easier than the Country Music 1/2 course.  Maybe it was because the hills were more spaced out; the CCM course seemed to be 3 uphills for every downhill.  Also, since this snaked through more neighborhoods, there was more shade.  My pace leader was excellent.  There was good organization for a first event, to be sure.  The only things I would say to improve would be to have more trash bins at the start/finish area, and beef up the "ultimate" goody bag, which was rather empty.  But overall, I was very pleased.

• Kimberly Boshaw Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 23, 2009
    10. Sep 26, 2010 10:26 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Expo and post race was very nice.  Love the Finisher's T-Shirt and medal.  I have ran several half marathons but have to admit this one is a very difficult course when it comes to hills.   I felt the Pedestrian Bridge steep incline hill at the end of Mile 12 was brutal but did appreciate the second half was mostly downhill.  The fan support was great.  Would love to see more music/bands along the route.  My girlfriend and I thought it was a well planned event and are thinking about doing the St. Pete's race in Florida next November!

• AmyBrewer Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 22, 2010
    11. Sep 26, 2010 10:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Great first time event, very well organized.  The downsides were, the "ultimate" goody bags were more than dissapointing.  The hills were worse than the Country Music Full or half and I have done both.  Why put such a difficult incline in mile 12?  I will do it next year, if they change the course.  Also, a little more publicity for the race may have brought out more fans to cheer us along the course.  However, the water stations all had volunteers that rocked!  Make some tweaks to the course and it has the potential to be almost perfect!   

• kimmize Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 7, 2010
    12. Sep 26, 2010 10:28 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first and and I LOVED IT!!!  The last hill was killer and I did not see that on the online course.  Mimosas at the end would be a great way to say congrats to the finishers!!  Loved the shirt and the medal.  Organization was great..check in was easy...expo well attended and good location.  Totally enjoyed it and will be back! 

• kattias Rookie 1 posts since
    May 16, 2008
    13. Sep 26, 2010 10:31 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought this course was harder than the Country Music Marathon! The numerous water stops were wonderful and there was so much encouragement along the course. I absolutely love the finisher's medal. I did get frustrated at the expo because it was so cramped. Overall it was a memorable experience and I look forward to the race next year. And congrats to all those strong women who ran their first half marathon!

• ccespino Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 5, 2008
    14. Sep 26, 2010 10:59 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half and I loved it.  The numerous water stops were wonderful.  The Finishers Pavilion was disappointing.  I love the finisher's medal and shirt. It was great and I hope it returns next year.

Is there any word on the runner that went down right before the finish line?  My thoughts and prayers go out to her.

1 2 3 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...