Skip navigation

47800 Views 258 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Moonslug RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Previous Next
  • nyeca65626 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 29, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 26, 2010 10:39 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

I had a fun time and I love the t-shirt and medal!  The set up was really pretty, and the cookie tent was a nice touch. However, the finisher's "breakfast" was more of a snack table.  The expo was kind of small and the goody bags weren't so goody at all! The last thing that bothered me was the steep hill in the very last mile, it was truly heart breaking. This may seem a bit negative, but it is my honest opinion.

• runnermama2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 4, 2008
    16. Sep 26, 2010 10:45 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my 4th half marathon and I do not plan on running this event again unless the course is changed. There were way too many hills. I'm all for a challenge but this course was ridiculous! Especially the last hill at mile 12? My running buddy and I were planning on sprinting at mile 12 and it was impossible with that hill. I've never seen so many runners stop and walk. The expo was really cramped and the 'ultimate goody bag' wasn't what I thought it should be. Water at the end of the race was warm. There should be a free beer at the end of the race too or at least a mimosa or bellini. Great turnout for a first time event. Lots of energy, water stops were great. But for me, this wasn't my favorite race...

• Mary Thom Vandercook Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 21, 2007
    17. Sep 26, 2010 10:49 AM (in response to Guest )

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful the race was...not the course so much, but the event was an incredible experience. Thank you, race organizers, for putting on a spectacular race.  It was, shall we say, all about women from the numerous port-a-johns to the fabulously decorated tables in the awards area.  It was without a doubt the most well organized race I've ever done.

• kristiemaher Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 23, 2009
    18. Sep 26, 2010 10:51 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a fun event.  I think it was more difficult than Country Music especially with the big hill at mile 12.  I liked that they capped the number of particpants which made for a less crowded course.  The finishers medal is cool, I got mine from a Fort Campbell solider.  The water they gave when I finished was hot so were the bananas at the finishers breakfast.  I found nothing cold at the finish. The Expo was small and cramped. 

• 1raceatatime Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2010
    19. Sep 26, 2010 10:51 AM (in response to Guest )

I ran the 5K and I was blessed to be apart of this day! The women were so encouraging and the race was a blast! Next year I will run the 1/2!

The atmosphere was beautiful and I think it was well organized!

• 1raceatatime Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 26, 2010
    20. Sep 26, 2010 10:51 AM (in response to Guest )

I ran the 5K and I was blessed to be apart of this day! The women were so encouraging and the race was a blast! Next year I will run the 1/2!

• 1raceatatime Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2010
    21. Sep 26, 2010 10:54 AM (in response to Guest )

• Michele R. Smith Rookie 1 posts since
    May 27, 2010
    22. Sep 26, 2010 10:51 AM (in response to Guest )

The best word that I can use to describe the course is CRUEL!  I have ran Music City Half 5 times and it is a piece of cake compared to this course.  I will not run this race again unless the course is changed significantly.  The price was too high for the amenities (goodie bags, post race food, etc.).  The elevation map is not correct.

On a positive note, the weather was great!

• kristiemaher Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 23, 2009
    23. Sep 26, 2010 10:53 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a fun event.  I think it was more difficult than Country Music especially with the big hill at mile 12.  I liked that they capped the number of particpants which made for a less crowded course.  Could have used more entertainment along the course. The finishers medal is cool, I got mine from a Fort Campbell solider.  The water they gave when I finished was hot so were the bananas at the finishers breakfast.  I found nothing cold at the finish. The Expo was small and cramped. 

• Amy Reavis Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 2, 2009
    24. Sep 26, 2010 11:02 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 1/2 marathon.  I thought the course was challenging with all the hills and the race was extremely well organized.  Great water stations and support along the route.  The atmosphere was fun, supportive and exciting.  Will definitely run this one again.  My only suggestion is to put together a better pre-race goodie bag.

• pelos Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 4, 2007
    25. Sep 26, 2010 11:07 AM (in response to Guest )

I had a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the medal, the t-shirt and the volunteers were AWESOME.

I wouldn't do this race again though, the course was horribly hard. I LOVE to run hilly courses, done Country Music 4 times and Knoxville once but this one was beyond hard.

• Sandra W Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    26. Sep 26, 2010 11:08 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my 7th half marathon, and by far the most challenging course.  I love a challenge and would love to do this run again!  I traveled from Oklahoma to participate in this event and it was worth it.  I was disappointed in the "goody bag".  I mean getting a reusable bag is great, but for the cost of the event I expected there to be more fun trial size stuff (hand lotion, chapstick, sunscreen, etc.) within the bag itself.  I thought the vendors at the expo were great but making everyone try to view the expo in the same order was very congested and overwhelming for me.  I would have liked cold beverages somewhere along the course...especially at the end.  Once the sun came out it was a very hot day and drinking warm to hot gatorade and water just was not quenching.  It is hard for race organizers to plan for events, and I think for the first time of this event in this city it was a job well done. 

• laurenatc Rookie 1 posts since
    May 24, 2008
    27. Sep 26, 2010 11:10 AM (in response to Guest )

I have run over a dozen half marathons and 5 full marathons and I have to agree on the course lay out...more hilly compared to other races I have ever done...I was also hoping to press through the last mile but failed to look at the map course to see the pedestrian bridge, which I know is hilly...all in all not a bad race...I agree with others on the goody bag...was very disappointed..not much in there to get excited about...but the medal at the end...love it! I will do this race again next year with or without a course change.

• Veglady Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 31, 2010
    28. Sep 26, 2010 11:12 AM (in response to Guest )

I loved it!!!  This was my first 1/2 Marathon and I will definitely do more!  The encouragement from all the people along the course brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you to all the folks that put this on.  The weather was perfect also.  Loved the guard putting the medal on me.  Am waiting to sign up for next year.

• Floy31490 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    29. Sep 26, 2010 11:13 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first Marathon, and i really enjoyed the whole experience.  I think the encouragement received alone the route gave you positive energy to climb those hills...just needed someone on mile 12 to help you get over that long uphill bridge.  I was so happy and pumped when I went across that finished line, I would do it again, and am looking forward in doing more in different areas of the country.  Great job to all you ladies that made the effort to get out on a Saturday morning and RUN!

1 2 3 4 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...