Skip navigation

906 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 27, 2010 8:59 AM by tri_harder RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 16, 2010 8:15 AM

Completing my first half iron.

The training program was good.  It took as much time as I could give and the entire program was achievable.  A key component that should be part of the program is nutrition.  I feel this became as important as the work outs themselves.  A weekly guide of what to eat or how much and when would be give a true well rounded training program.

• tri_harder Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 16, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 27, 2010 8:59 AM (in response to Mark )
    Re: Completing my first half iron.

I agree completely...on the plan and the nutrition.  It took me 7:20:04 to finish my first one, but I felt as prepared as I wanted to me and I hit or improved on my personal targets.  The plan was do-able for a busy life.  The nutrition was certainly a much bigger challenge than the physical preparation.  How many calories per hour for each type of workout or race?  What levels of carbs, protein, salt, liquid?  A plan that incorporated some of the tests and trials you would need for this learning would be an improvement. Otherwise, this is a great plan and the online tracking was nice.  Wish the mapping workouts worked better with MapMyRun, because the Active mapping isn't nearly as good as that and Mapmyrun didn't have any good training plans for Triathlon. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...