Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

48819 Views 258 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Moonslug Go to original post 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Previous Next
  • shanyholcomb Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 21, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    195. Sep 28, 2010 1:25 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

I absolutely loved this 1/2 marathon. It is my 6th and favorite so far. I loved how challenging it was with all of the hills. I do a lot of hill training and wonder if it pays off. I definitely does!!! I am already looking forward to next year!

• Cherylita Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 28, 2010
    196. Sep 28, 2010 1:49 PM (in response to Guest )

This race was GREAT!  The registration was the most organized I had ever been to.

(This is my 16th half marathon.)  The parking for the registration was a bit difficult and pricey but that's the way it usually is in big and great cities.  The course was tough but that's the way it is in other's I've participated in.  The hills at the end are just rough but makes the finish all that more special.  The medal, the name on the runner's number and the bag were fun! Also, thanks to all of the great volunteers!

Way to go Nashville. 

• patty.remoy Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 20, 2007
    197. Sep 28, 2010 5:57 PM (in response to Guest )

I enjoyed the race and loved the expo! I know of several runners and walkers for whom this was their first race and the women's themed event made that a lot of fun.  But the hilly course was not as first-time friendly as I expected for the event.

• Wendy97499 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    198. Sep 28, 2010 6:15 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half marathon and I had a GREAT time! I trained at Percy Warner so the hills weren't awful but that last one...whew!! I was tired but how awesome to cross that finish line! I felt like everything was very organized and seemed to go off without a hitch. Thanks to all the volunteers! Water stations were great and loved trying the GU ). The dance crews kept it hoppin' too. Thanks girls!! I can't think of anything negative except I didn't think the "ultimate" goodie bag was ultimate. There are other 5K's goodie bags that blew it out of the water. However, I also understand that this was the first year so....I'm quite sure next year will be even better and I can't wait to register again. Thanks!!!!

• yoganoff Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    199. Sep 29, 2010 6:03 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought the Women's Half Marathon was excellent! I had so much fun and thought it was well organized as far as course, water stations, GU station, and volunteers. The expo made me feel at east as it was my first time. I would definitely come back next year. Awesome job everybody!

• Jones828 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 10, 2008
    200. Sep 29, 2010 6:49 AM (in response to Guest )

Great race! The race was very well planned and went very smoothly.  I loved the music and the dancers along the course.  I love the finisher's medal and the shirt.  The hills were brutal especially 2nd Ave hill and the Veteran's bridge at 12.5miles! Nothing like standing at the bottom of the bridge and looking up to only see a mountain of a bridge.  However, after finishing, I felt even prouder for conquering the bridge.  The hills add character to this race.... dont change it! The only negative... the goodie bag was not the "ultimate" goodie bag.  All in all- great race! Thanks!

• Frances41747 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 1, 2009
    201. Sep 29, 2010 11:46 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a great race. It did get a little hot and hills toward the end were hard. There was plenty of water. The volunteers did a great job. The expo was nice. The start/finish line was very convenient for parking.

• DeAundrea Lawrence Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 17, 2010
    204. Sep 29, 2010 7:16 PM (in response to Guest )

I loved it! It was such a great experience. It was my first time running a marathon. The frequent water and gatorade stations were fantastic, greatly appreciated, and so helpful. As I ran throughout the race, I did remember to voice my sincere appreciation toward the volunteers. I was not sure of how the GU worked, so I did not try it. Althought, I did appreciate the option. I do not really think that the hills were that much of an obstacle, but it could have been that I had mentally prepared for them prior to the race. A friend familiar with running half marathons in Nashville had already warned me. I really enjoyed running the Womens Half Marathon. I could not believe that I could run for thirteen miles, non stop without walking. Such a great achievement! The joy, happiness, and pure excitement toward fitness was surprising. The food afterward and during was great. Everything was so organized! I have become a marathon runner. Good job Womens Half Marathon 2010.

• Beach4me Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 10, 2009
    205. Sep 29, 2010 8:54 PM (in response to Guest )

I loved it!! This was my 2nd half marathon (1st being Flying Pig in Cincinnati).  I look forward to next year and watching it grow.

• Hewell Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    206. Sep 30, 2010 6:25 PM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed the race. This was my 5th half marathon in Nashville.  I was disappointed that there were not more bands and cheering along the course especially in the last mile.  Everything else was very well organized and I look forward to doing this race again.  My sympathies go out to Lynn Manzelmann's family. 

• kateirving Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 1, 2010
    207. Oct 1, 2010 11:25 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half marathon and I had a great time.  My only complaint with the course was the last hill (the bridge.)  I felt like the last mile or so should've been less hilly, although I realize that's not very realistic in Nashville. 

I thought the number of water/gatorade stations was perfect, and I enjoyed the music and dancers!

Overall, awesome experience!

• xxlpanther Rookie 1 posts since
    May 19, 2010
    208. Oct 2, 2010 8:58 AM (in response to Guest )

I had a great time.  It was a tough course but fun.  I was disappointed that there weren't more bands especially since we were in music city.

• UKKATS Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 17, 2010
    209. Oct 2, 2010 1:44 PM (in response to Guest )

I enjoyed the 5K and will do it again next year.  I would like to hear more music along the course, but it was a great organized race! 

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...