Skip navigation

7076 Views 67 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2010 2:25 AM by actmanman RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • TTDCCC Amateur 19 posts since
    Jan 9, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Mar 24, 2010 7:32 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Modesto Marathon, 1/2 Marathon & 5k Reviews

I ran the full marathon.  The volunteers were amazing.  There were plenty of Aid Stations and Port a Potties.  The course was great.  I would recommend that timing chips are added for next year.  It would help those trying to qualify for Boston to have a super accurate time.  I know that the friend that I crossed the line with had an official time of 10 minutes slower than me, so there were some errors.  Over all the race was really great.  I would do it again.

• Angeland3Js Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 7, 2009
    61. Mar 24, 2010 3:59 PM (in response to Guest )

I ran the half marathon. The event was well organized and well staffed with volunteers. The course was beautiful, and the weather was perfect. I agree with TTDCCC, timing chips would be a great improvement for next year. 

• jensmitty Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010
    62. Mar 24, 2010 7:15 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my third half marathon, and it was by far my favorite.  The course was nice and the weather fantastic.  There were plenty of aid stations and the volunteers were amazing!!!  I run for fun, so am not concerned with timing chips...but I did set a new PR! Will run this race again next year.

• g c Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 21, 2008
    63. Mar 25, 2010 6:32 PM (in response to Guest )

There were more than enough people at each aid station to supply the runners with the needed energy drinks and gu.  The spectators along the way were awesome...so much cheering.  The course was the best I've ever run.  Volunteers were cheerful, encouraging and very helpful. It was comforting to know the first aid volunteers were there, if they were needed.  There was an abundance of healthy snacks after the race.  Hats off to all the organizers, volunteers and sponsors. Go Modesto! Looking forward to next year.  

• Sir Venk Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 26, 2009
    64. Mar 25, 2010 8:11 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first race, so I have very little experience to compare this too.  I will say that the staff was wonderful.  There were plenty of people at the aid stations handing out water, gu, gu brew, etc.  The course was flat with one "hill" - which was an overpass.  I have read some complaints on here about the course going out in the country.  I think a course should provide a picture of what the area is about.  Running by orchards and fields IS the Central Valley.  I liked the out-and-back route so I could see where I was in the pack and set my pace.  This was my first race and I am now completely addicted.

• ktullio Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2009
    65. Mar 26, 2010 8:22 AM (in response to Guest )

It was my first mararthon and  I loved the volunteers, the excitement and the aid stations were great! I will definitely do this race again! Thank you guys for giving us a wonderful local race!

My only beef is that I was hoping to have an awesome finishing picture and the pictures from Brightroom were not so great for the 1/2 or full marathon. The finishing pictures from the 5K were awesome. Did they give up on us?

• annekelley Amateur 8 posts since
    Nov 10, 2009
    66. Mar 26, 2010 8:53 AM (in response to Guest )

I ran the half-marathon and my photos from Brightroom were awesome!  They had about a dozen shots of me at three or four different places on the course and several of them were excellent. So no, they didn't give up on the half- and full marathoners.

• actmanman Pro 47 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    67. Sep 30, 2010 2:25 AM (in response to Guest )

Upon further investigation, I believe Oct. 17th is when card holders can begin getting the discount.

-----------
    start write program since high school,anyone are welcome to try two program written by me:
    mp4 to mp3: a free mp4 to mp3 tool;
    mp4 to wmv:a free mp4 to wmv tool

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...