Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2964 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2010 9:30 AM by iamuneek
okieeagle Amateur 19 posts since
Sep 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 4, 2010 12:11 PM

First week done, W2 lined up.

Well, I am very excited about the C25K program.  I am already seeing inprovements in my energy level and some weight loss.  I am going to continue to update my progress on this thread and hope to provide some encouragement to anyone thinking of starting the program.

Started W1 weighing 235

Ended W1 weighing 230

More to come!!

• QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
    Jun 11, 2010
    1. Oct 4, 2010 12:36 PM (in response to okieeagle)
    Re: First week done, W2 lined up.

Hi-I am restarting C25K after six weeks off recouping ITBS and a knee issue.  Just did W1D1 today.

Congratulations on your progress.  You'll have bad weeks, but for the most part it just gets easier and easier.

Melinda

• flamomof3 Legend 1,928 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Oct 5, 2010 4:55 PM (in response to okieeagle)

Congrats for starting! I can't belive that I started this, and have gotten to where I am. I'm starting W7 on Wednesday. I also changed what I'm eating and I'm seeing weightloss too.

• ready2runn Amateur 29 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    4. Oct 5, 2010 8:10 PM (in response to flamomof3)

Congrats on getting started. I just starting myself very recently (I just finished wk1).

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever".  - Lance Armstrong

Began Couch-to 5K  9/29/10

Goal: To graduate the program within 12 weeks or by New Years 2011!!!

COMPLETED C25K 12/2/2010!!!

• iamuneek Amateur 33 posts since
    Sep 20, 2010
    5. Oct 6, 2010 6:09 AM (in response to okieeagle)

Congrats!  I just did my first day of week 2 yesterday after spending 3 weeks at week 1.  I'm hoping to keep going this time and not repeat week 2.

Nancy

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free." Psalm 119:32

Started C25K: 9/20/2010

Wishes 4 Wags 5K 11/6/10 38:19

Powder Springs Polar Run 12/11/10 22:36

Restarted C25K 7/11/11

Run in the Son 5K 9/17/11

Restarted C25K again...9/23/13
    Upcoming:

Gobble Jog 11/28/13

• bekahruns Amateur 11 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    6. Oct 6, 2010 6:38 AM (in response to okieeagle)

congrats! Just keep it up. I've done c25k twice and there is always a point where you look ahead and thingk "I cannot run 25 minutes straight in just a few weeks" and then you get there and you can. You can struggle with the 3 and 5 minute runs and then a few weeks later run 10 minutes straight. It's great!

Sep 20, 2010
    12. Oct 8, 2010 6:37 AM (in response to okieeagle)

I agree, and that's just what I'm going to do for week 2.  Day 2 didn't go quite as well as day 1, I had to cut two of the runs a little short, so I'll just do a day 4 and so on until I can complete a full cycle, then I will move on to W3.  Hopefully I'll just have to repeat this week one day, but I get the feeling the farther along I go, the more extra days I'll be adding.  I ran some in high school, so it's frustrating to not be able to get back to that pace yet.  I just keep reminding myself that right now I'm focused on endurance and speed will come later.  I have given myself until spring to get ready for a 5K so that I don't push myself too hard, which would be very easy for me to do.  How is your second week going?  Keep at it and you'll be running a 5K before you know it. :-)

Nancy

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free." Psalm 119:32

Restarted C25K 7/11/11

Upcoming:

Gobble Jog 11/28/13

• utskigirl Amateur 14 posts since
    Oct 7, 2010
    13. Oct 9, 2010 7:01 AM (in response to iamuneek)

I had a harder time today with W2D2. I was excited to get out there, but by the last jog I was pooped! I think it was mental thing too because I was going straight uphill! 90 seconds doesn't sound that long, but it was a doozy today. I just can't imagine going for 3 minutes next week. I'm still having shin issues. When does that go away? I've always had shin splints, so that's why I've never really ran. Any suggestions for getting rid of them?  

Sep 20, 2010
    14. Oct 9, 2010 9:30 AM (in response to utskigirl)

I had a hard time with the second day also.  I slowed to a walk during the last two runs.  However, I messed up today, I couldn't remember which week I was on and started week 3.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I sailed through the first two runs, but had to slow down to a walk during part of the last two runs, but I did finish it.  I think I ran 1 minute shorter than I should have.  Wish I could help you with the shin situation, but we're in the same boat there.  Are you icing your legs after you finish running?  Also, I asked my Dr. about this and he said to stretch by lifting you leg up behind you and grabbing ahold of your toes.  That seems to help my hamstrings, but not my shins.  I've also tried standing with my toes on the edge of the steps and raising and lowering my body in sets of 10.  Not sure if that's helping or not, I really haven't done it enough as they seem to hurt worse.  I guess it just takes time.

Nancy

Restarted C25K 7/11/11

Upcoming:

Gobble Jog 11/28/13

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...