Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

49956 Views 258 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Moonslug Go to original post 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next
  • TallyK9 Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 13, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    255. Oct 13, 2010 10:59 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Women's Half Marathon - Nashville, TN Reviews

Take the good (the weather,volunteers,the medals given out by soldiers)...take the bad (the hills)....take them both and then you have....the facts of...well any kind of running event (if it was easy or perfect then EVERYBODY would do it).

Every state has it's "thing", TN is country music and hills..that's what makes running in TN so special.

I really enjoyed this run and hope to participate in this event next year.

• Grannie Laurie Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 29, 2010
    256. Oct 14, 2010 6:36 PM (in response to Guest )

I just loved the half marathon! It was my 3rd this year, and I am 67 years old and just started walking them in February! I loved the camaraderie of the women, the great shirts, the beauty of where we went. The good news is that I beat 164 other women, all younger than me! The bad news is that I came in number 3,719th! I really don't mind, though! At least I did it! And it was my "personal best!" 3 hours 48 minutes, shaving 3 minutes off my last race, in Shiprock NM, and a whopping 6 minutes off Myrtle Beach, my "unofficial" first half. (it was cancelled at the last minute, due to 3 1/2 inches of snow) My daughter and I did it anyway!

Next, you'll see me in Myrtle on Oct. 24th, St. Petersburg FL on Nov. 21st, and Charleston SC Jan. 15th! Guess I'm a late bloomer!

• Nadinerihani Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 24, 2010
    257. Oct 24, 2010 8:55 AM (in response to Guest )

GREAT HALF MARATHON LOVED THE SWEEPING DOWN HILLS UPHILLS CHALLENGING BUT DOABLE LOVED THE SHIRTS THE MEDALS THE NAME ON MY BIB CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR WON MY AGE GROUP THE PLAQUE IS GORGEOUS

I WEAR MY MEDALLION WITH PRIDE!!!!

• Moonslug Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 25, 2010
    258. Nov 14, 2010 5:59 PM (in response to Guest )

The expo geared to women was nice though I did feel a bit like I had been unwillingly thrown into a colossal bottle of Pepto Bismol. I know that there is some perverse, unwritten rule that all things dealing with women must be pink but wow... it was painfully pink!

Some people posted that they were unhappy with the goody bag. They expected actual goodies to be inside. I'm kinda glad there weren't any. They'd likely be pink too I loved the booth for women's health and the ladies there were helpful and willingly answered questions.

The race was well organized, great volunteers, having my name on my race bib made me feel kind of weird, but when complete strangers were calling my name and cheering me on, it gave me more drive to go on. It was hot, there were some killer hills, but what a great day. It was my 1st half and I think I've been spoiled.

I really want to run it again next year. The wimp in me wants to beg for an easier course. The asskicker in me can't wait to take on the exact same course next year and PR!

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...