Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2082 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2011 12:40 PM by Jonjon
activej Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2010 1:21 AM

Vegetable/Fruit Juice recipes

I was wondering if you guys have any healthy and yummy vegetable juice recipes. Someone gave me a juicer and I plan to use it daily.

So far I've found that mixing in pineapple juice with carrots tastes great. I'd like to try taking my greens (brocolli, spinach, lettuce etc..) in juice form but im afraid that theyll come out bitter and I would resort to adding in sugar to make it taste right. any suggestions?

Care to share your recipes?

• kapfast Pro 53 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Oct 20, 2010 3:20 PM (in response to activej)
    Re: Vegetable/Fruit Juice recipes

There really is no limit to juicing fruits and veggies. I've juiced almost all of the them, and mixed a few crazy things. Here's a list of my juicing experiences....

1. Add about an inch or two of ginger root to an juice to spice it up a little, and ginger is great for digestion.

2. When I juice beets, I add the greens too. Its a good blend between bitter and sweet.

3. I usually start off with carrots or apples to all my juices, and then add any of the following - beets, beet greens, cucumbers, spinach, cabbage, oranges, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapefruit, grapes, strawberries (including the stems), tangerines, lemons, pineapple, peaches, tomatoes.

4. About the only 2 foods I didn't like were cranberries (very sour), and broccolli (too much fiber and no juice).

Have fun experimenting, and enjoy!

Ken

http://trigratitude.blogspot.com/

• Jonjon Pro 61 posts since
    Dec 27, 2010
    2. Jun 28, 2011 12:40 PM (in response to kapfast)
    Re: Vegetable/Fruit Juice recipes

I absolutely love the Juice Man recipes!  Nice combination of fruits and veggies in ways that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.  Keeps it interesting for me and keeps me away from sodas and junk food.  I don't have the juicer that they use, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Over the time I've owned the book I've spilled so much juice on it that my favorite pages are really easy to find.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...