Skip navigation

166 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2010 9:13 AM by Bengalvfan RSS
Mike_CVUA Legend 593 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2010 7:37 AM

The sun came out today!

Cold and rainy for the first game.  Moldova vs Belarous.  Scoreless til the 4th inning, then B-rouse won in 5 by 10 run rule.  No odd ones in this game, but finally one kid decided to swing the bat instead of the small ball, and whacked a triple.

I did a quick turn to a plate game with Germany (KMC-US) and Ukraine.  Geramany had a bye yesterday, but today they all played like they had just received Dear John letters from their girlfriends.  The Ukraine team had them by the nose! 

Their pitchers threw some wicked curve balls!  Ukraine won 6-4.  Awesome defense.  And their manager really managed well!

I think I had one of my better plate games, and we did the rotations pretty well, but I missed a few when U1 went out.

We had one of those Tourney rules sitches where the Ukraine had all their subs in, and then a starter had to come out with an injury (owning an 0-2 count.)  Needed to convey that the KMC team would chose the replacement.  While the medics were taking care of the ball player, I did a lead turn with the score keeper and the rest of the blues so they would know what's going on.  So we didn't waste a lot of time.

The sun did come out, and it was great to wear my CVUA plate shirt.  Just felt good for a change.

The weather should hold tomorrow.  I might even need sunglasses!

Italy seems to be the team to beat, but the Ukraine is on a roll.  The Czech Republic is in the running too.  Germany gets their manager off suspension for the next game, so we'll see if they stage a comeback.  They certainly are capable of it.

Cheers!

Mike CVUA

• Bengalvfan Amateur 24 posts since
    May 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 29, 2010 9:13 AM (in response to Mike_CVUA)
    Re: The sun came out today!

Perfect summary of the games.

I hope this game was a wake up for germany-us. We started off the game with a star player being sick (he played on this same team last year that made it to williamsport).

Then starting off the game with three walks was not good. Had some errors on a rundown and play at the plate. We also left atleast 10 runners stranded. Multible times runners were at 2nd and third with less then 2 outs and none coil get home.

Seemed like the boys were swinging for the fences when they should not have been.

Great job blue on this game.

What was the meeting of the umpires about? I think it was a meeting to discuss whether or not the batter was hit by the pitch before or after it struck the bat.

Thanks again for your writeup. I have a pin for you when I see you next.

Dan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...