Skip navigation

399 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2010 7:36 AM by TheMouth__1 RSS
Mike_CVUA Legend 592 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 20, 2010 5:40 PM

LLWS:  Germany Team's Biggest Fan

During the game today, there was not a whole lot to cheer about for the German-American Team.  But they did spotlight the younger brother of one of the players, Ryder Martin.

This young man is severely afflicted by Multiple Sclerosis and a very bad spinal disorder.  (ESPN did a nice spotlight on the young man.)  He constantly entreated his team to do your best, we'll do better tomorrow, etc.

Considering the future this young man must have to face, his own life's philosophy serves us all very well.  He speaks so well and challenges us all to quit whining and step up to our own potential.

I saw this young man when I was at Kutno, Poland, for the Euro Tournament.  The RD allowed this young fellow to sit down in the mosh pit with the "runners" who would go after foul balls.  He would even give it a try.  You never saw a better example of effort and positive thinking.

Despite Germany's loss to Puerto Rico, I  know he will be with the team tonight giving encouragement.  He's called the "13th man" for this team.  He spends his time thinking positive things all the time.  No complaints on his lot in life.

Having never played the game, he is the quintessential example of what this whole deal is all about.  HE will be the "Gipper" for which we all should all go get one!

Mike CVUA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...