Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3674 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 6:39 AM by bobjenkins Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • bobjenkins Pro 120 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 9, 2010 12:56 PM (in response to headinghome)
    Re: dh rules

No.  A CR is only allowed for F1 and F2, not for DH (or any other F'er).

• headinghome Pro 71 posts since
    May 27, 2009
    16. Jul 14, 2010 12:15 PM (in response to bobjenkins)

Hlep me with my scorebook please.

Previous post noted DH role is TERMINATED.

"FED Rule 3-1-4:

"...The role of the designated hitter is terminated for the remainder of the game when:

A. the defensive player, or any previous defensive player for whom the desinated player batted, subsequently bats, pinch-hits or pinch-runs for the designated hiotter; or

B. the designated hitter or any previous designated hitter assumes a defensive position."

HS DH reached base safely multiple and was CR'd during game nlt 5 times.  DH batted next time through order.

ie

DH hitting for pitcher

DH courtesy ran by bench non DF'er

Bench player new DH?   Sounds like cant be from post.

Old DH cannot reenter? His role has been terminated.  That sounds like pitcher (or whomever DH is hitting for) must be pulled to complete that "termination" with a player from bench, or CR taking the field

I'm joining the confused crowd.

May 25, 2007
    17. Jul 14, 2010 1:45 PM (in response to headinghome)

1)  The DH cannot have a CR.

2)  So, the player who entered to run for the DH became the DH.

3)  This does not affect the starting DH's ability to reenter, or the pitcher (being DH'd for).

• headinghome Pro 71 posts since
    May 27, 2009
    18. Jul 14, 2010 4:34 PM (in response to bobjenkins)

Ok thanks

I guess that really only means if the DH is to continue hitting in lineup (*assuming 3rd out of the inning for which he was run for occurs prior to his next ab) that the sub DH will be ineligible outside of that DH position.  (The DH may not miss an AB given * happens)

May 25, 2007
    19. Jul 15, 2010 6:39 AM (in response to headinghome)

" guess that really only means if the DH is to continue hitting in lineup (*assuming 3rd out of the inning for which he was run for occurs prior to his next ab) that the sub DH will be ineligible outside of that DH position. (The DH may not miss an AB given * happens) "

I'm not sure I understand your question, but the sub-DH has all the "rights" of any DH.  He can enter to play defense (meaning the role of the DH is over and the person being DH'd for must leave the game).  The only thing the sub-DH can't do is re-enter the game once he leaves.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...