Skip navigation

11910 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 3:51 PM by Delaware ASA UIC RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • AtlUmpSteve Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 8, 2000
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 9, 2010 11:01 PM (in response to rhughes18)
    Re: Pitcher not having contact with pitcher's plate

+In FED only the HC may delay the game by questioning calls or rulings.  

An assistant coach may ask about a call or ruling but not delay the game by arguing.+

I call bullsh!t.  You may have been taught that, and may even get away with it, but I challenge you to cite any NFHS rule that supports the inability of ANY properky attired coach to discuss a rule interpretation with an umpire on the field.

A total myth.  You have a professional responsibility to respond to any coach that approaches you in a proper manner.

• rhughes18 Pro 114 posts since
    Feb 18, 2001
    16. Sep 10, 2010 5:15 PM (in response to AtlUmpSteve)
    My Bad

Sorry, wrong sport.

I made a mistake in NFHS Baseball rule 3-3-1(g)(6) only the head coach may leave the dugout or coaches box to dispute a call.

• MT73 Pro 72 posts since
    Jun 25, 2008
    17. Oct 11, 2010 7:20 AM (in response to rhughes18)
    Re: My Bad

When I do a pre game I only allow the manager and team captains to attend.

I do inform the Mgr that they are the only ones allowed to question a rule, or to speak to the umpires in any way during the game.

If they have an issue they can inform the mgr and then he/she can ask for time out for a discussion.

Call me hard nosed, but failure to do this has come back to bite me you know where.

• Delaware ASA UIC Pro 76 posts since
    Jan 9, 2001
    18. Oct 11, 2010 3:51 PM (in response to MT73)
    Re: My Bad

Call me hard nosed, but failure to do this has come back to bite me you know where.

No, I would call you over-officious, and not following your advice has never bitten me anywhere from local to international games.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...