Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2219 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2011 6:02 AM by Revell
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Tri2Remember Sprint Triathlon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Tri2Remember Sprint Triathlon below Back to event details page.

• pamchinik Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 1, 2008
    1. Jul 18, 2010 3:19 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Tri2Remember Sprint Triathlon Reviews

The Tri2Remember races are always well-organized and lots of fun. This was the 1st year for this location and I was very pleased. I've raced the Gainesville race the past 2 years, and the Jefferson course couldn't be more different. The swim is point to point in a small pretty shallow lake. I'm not sure how deep it was in the middle, but you could walk halfway out to the first buoy! The bike was really great, a straight out and back down a four-lane divided highway. One lane is closed to traffic, so passing was easy. There was more uphill in the first half and the course was gentle rolling hills. I think I stayed in my saddle the entire time. But if the bike isn't challenging enough for you, then the trail run will mix things up a bit! The trail run was on the property surrounding the lakes. The trails were really wide paths taken by vehicles so there was plenty of room for passing. Trail surface was a mixture of grass, dirt/mud, and gravel. The first 2 miles were a double loop around one of the lakes and the course was mostly level with only small ups and downs. The last mile was much tougher, with a long uphill stretch back into the woods. The good news is the last tenth of a mile is downhill and a level finish. It was challenging to do a tri with a trail run at the end, but I liked the challenge!

• Andy Shefsky Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 15, 2009
    2. Jul 19, 2010 10:39 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my 3rd ever Tri (i did the super sprint earlier this year and the Gainesville race last year), and i had an absolute blast.  Even though the swim was 100 meters longer than the one in Gainesville, it seemed easier to navigate since you only had to go around 2 buoys.  The bike was very spacious and safe, but the run kicked my butt.  It felt closer to 3.5 miles than 3.1, and that hill at the 3rd mile and an unpleasant surprise - but hey, we all had to race the same course and i loved the challenge.  If i'm in town, i'll certainly do this one again next year!

• S M Blythe Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    3. Jul 19, 2010 1:33 PM (in response to Guest )

Had a blast! Part road tri and xterra all-in-one! Little muddy on lake bottom and slick on trail but bike awesome and trail...well xterraish!

• trainu4life Rookie 3 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    4. Jul 19, 2010 3:44 PM (in response to Guest )

Another fabulous tri from tri2rmember!!!!  This was only my second tri, and both have been with tri2remember. I can't imagine a better organized and well thought out race.  Any questions or needs were immiately addressed and taken care of by the friendliest of people.

The gravel getting to the starting point of the race was my only issue and thats not a very big one. Since I didn't want to leave shoes at the start the gravel road was a little tough on the feet.

I love a challenge and this race definitely provided it. The bike route was perfect with some slow steady climbs and great downhills and flats to even it out. The 3.4 mile trail run at the end was crazy, but definitely gives me something new to train for next year

Thank you Denise and Volunteers for an amazing morning!!!!

• franktheguard Amateur 8 posts since
    Feb 8, 2008
    5. Jul 20, 2010 6:10 AM (in response to Guest )

Frist of all -- THANK YOU TO THE VOLUNTEERS! I appreciated the help during packet pick-up, during pre-race, numbering, assistance around transition, being in the water, on the course, at the finish, and all the help you did that WE AS RACERS didn't see!

Packet pick-up: The day before @ runners fit. Good location, little small and crowded. Questions answered about race, and friendly people. Disappointed that there was no shirt exchange option. Mine's quite big.

Race day: Drove from home, arrived 1hr pre-race. expected the walk from the HS. Disappointed in racers who thought the roads were closed--WALK ON THE SIDE NOT DOWN THE MIDDLE. The walk was nice though, it gave an overview perspective of the course. Carpet to transition was nice, especially since the other option was gravel or grass. Transition was plenty in size, and organized very well. Plenty of space for amount of bikes per rack. Numbering and chip pick-up was a snap, no waiting. Bathroom lines were a little long, but with such a small # of racers, you can't expect a plethora of porta-johns. The walk to the start line-painful. All gravel or odd bank-I recommend flip flops.

The swim: silty/muddy bottom-it is a catfish pond after all. So glad we were given an in water start. We did have about 5-10 minutes of water warm-up-THANK YOU. The swim was a Z pattern 2 buoy course. The water was warm. The exit to transition was the boat ramp, also carpeted. Great path into transition, great organization and thought put into setup.

Bike: run from transition up gravel carpeted path-.05 mile, to road. mount and ride. Very fast out and back on coned lane. Its not flat, but is very fast. Plenty of room for riders, turnaround not tight. long stretch to dismount line so you can keep speed from beginning to end, dismount-down the carpet and onto the run.

Run: WHOA. So its a 2 loop course around the lake, on what could have been an ATV path. I was told the day of the race to expect one hill. The run is a pretty run through the woods, marked VERY WELL-paint marks the "trip you tree roots" and there are plenty of volunteers along the course. first loop is pretty straight forward with only one 90 degree turn down a 3 ft bank and one long section of narrow slanted trail. hydration station at mile 1 and your onto mile 2. Plenty of PBC photography people I learned as well so if you like photos you should be real happy. lap 2 is the same up until the hydration station then you go left. The course really goes backwoods here and within a half mile you meet what I dub-"THE ONE HILL" yeah its a mother of a hill, theres a flase flat midway where a volunteer was situated-for what im not sure (medical assistance?) I wish his music was louder too. Then around the bend another aid station, and the mile 3 marker as you proceed DOWNHILL. as you come out of the woods onto the lake you see YOU'RE NOT .12/.16 MILES FROM THE FINISH-HOPE YOU SAVED YOUR KICK. you quarter lap the lake and finish under the inflatable finish-photos and medals and water await you, thanks to more VOLUNTEERS.

So other than being a blind man's 5K-this race was GREAT. GREAT ORGANIZATION, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT VOLUNTEERS, GREAT POST RACE FOOD AND DRINK, GREAT OVERHEAD SPRINKLER COOLING STATION, GREAT AWARDS, GREAT SHIRT---GREAT CAUSE!!!!!!!

• bmcchopper Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 14, 2010
    6. Jul 20, 2010 2:45 PM (in response to Guest )

What an awesome experience!!! This was the first of many triathlons to come and I'm very happy with the organization and facility which hosted a great race. Driving over from Athens was easy and the pre-race effort by all host were spot-on! For a true beginner to tri's, this was a great experience. Having little experience in the water, I made it through with confidence and a 'little determination' and off to the bike and run which was mucho better. Thanks to Denise and all her support I will definately be back for more!

• CraigShort Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 21, 2009
    7. Jul 21, 2010 7:34 AM (in response to Guest )

This TRI was awesome...and trying.  The bike ride was probably one of the best I had been on.  It was pretty fast.  The run was mentally more challenging.  You really  had to think about where you foot was going.  Man...it sure seemed like more than 3.1 miles, too.  It was a slow run.  If I could just knock some minutes off my swim....I could do a lot better.  ha.  Overall, I really liked it anc can't wait until next year.  Very good job on the organization piece.  Great going Denise!!  Hope it raised a ton of cash!!

• NTTRI Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 6, 2007
    8. Jul 23, 2010 4:43 AM (in response to Guest )

Bike course was nice, but overall this was not one of Georgia Multisports' best races. I did the other T2R event at Laurel Park two years ago, and it was much better. They messed up the time trial swim, and had the fastest swimmers go in the last group- swimming over some people from the first few groups who were dog-paddling and floating on their backs. The trail run was muddy and pretty dangerous. The run was also longer than a 5K, but that wasn't noted. They usually do a better job than this.

• shakira123 Amateur 3 posts since
    Oct 22, 2010
    9. Oct 22, 2010 11:51 PM (in response to Guest )

I like it very much and I have learned much from it

---------------------------------mac makeup

• Revell Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 30, 2007
    10. Apr 5, 2011 6:02 AM (in response to Guest )

I enjoyed the tri but would like a more accurate listing of the run distance.  I don't mind a longer than 5K but would like to know before I am finishing the run.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...