Skip navigation

1762 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2010 8:53 AM by GOTRIbalbaby RSS
mileka21 Rookie 4 posts since
Aug 19, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 19, 2010 6:20 PM

need advice

ok so i started running about 6 months ago and i also started weight watchers about the same time. i have lost 10lbs. and love to run. now i have decided to kick it up a notch and begin training for a triathalon for next year. what do i do for a diet? do i stick with weight watchers or start counting calories? any advice is much appreciated.

• Willyphilly Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010
    1. Sep 1, 2010 5:48 PM (in response to mileka21)
    Re: need advice

How much weight are you trying to drop? When exactly is your triathlon? I know of a glycemically balanced program that might be of interest. Let me know. My e-mail is wiilyphilly2006@yahoo.com.  That's a great goal to have.

• PinnacleMan Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    2. Oct 5, 2010 3:25 PM (in response to mileka21)

It's great that you have chosen to change your lifestyle and incorporate running into your life, in addition to your change in diet. However, I would say from my experience as a runner that a diet for weight loss and a diet for training can be a bit different pending your weight goals; heavy athletic training can require calorie increases. What is your current diet composed of in terms of carbs, fibers, and proteins?

Best Wishes,

Michael Man

Slim In 6

• GOTRIbalbaby Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    4. Oct 26, 2010 8:53 AM (in response to mileka21)

Nutritionist Aimee Gallo will be doing a live free chat this Friday geared towards female triathletes/runners for the GOTRIbal network. It would be a great place to pop in and get some really helpful info from someone who knows.

http://ht.ly/2ZEsW

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...