Skip navigation

6126 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2010 8:54 AM by thefirecat RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Oct 27, 2010 11:10 AM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)
    Re: JimmyDJarhead 500 - Doing our part

MikeDaMarine08 wrote:

Sounds like there will be a party around the 5 1/2 hour pace group!

Dammit, I'm never invited out with the cool kids.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• CWCastelli Legend 375 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    16. Oct 27, 2010 11:57 AM (in response to thefirecat)

Not to worry. 5 1/2 is my best estimate for a finishing time, not actual clock time. Just look for the Wooki in a sleeveless runners shirt (slightly less hairy, but about the same size) holding the Major Corps colors.  This is a training run for WDW Goofy Challenge, so I am not running it too hard.  Plus, my big arse only goes fast on the downhill portions.

BTW, who is bringing the beer at the end?  Michelob better not have run out.

I'm not slow, I'm rear security.

Thoroughbreds run fast and finish early.  Clydesdales run slow and pull beer wagons.  I'll be a Clydesdale.

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    17. Oct 27, 2010 1:28 PM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

I just want to say how proud I am to be a part of this, Jimmy.  You got this group started in 2007 and I'm amazed at how many great friends I have made and retained and all the good times we've shared.  It's the least we can do to honor you since you can't be here!  I also plan to drink six beers in your honor after the marathon is over, okay?  ;-)

Nita

Dec 14, 2007
    18. Oct 27, 2010 1:33 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

FormerBAM wrote:

I just want to say how proud I am to be a part of this, Jimmy.  You got this group started in 2007 and I'm amazed at how many great friends I have made and retained and all the good times we've shared.  It's the least we can do to honor you since you can't be here!  I also plan to drink six beers in your honor after the marathon is over, okay?  ;-)

Nita

congratulations, Jimmy. You have managed to do something none of us has been able to accomplish in months. You got Nita to show up here and post.

Well done, Marine. Well done.

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    19. Oct 27, 2010 6:45 PM (in response to thefirecat)

What'd I miss?! Jimmy's not gonna be here? What happened?

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,387 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    20. Oct 27, 2010 6:57 PM (in response to RubyBPG)

Seems that management deems his presence necessary in Japan.  And we all know how the military can be.

Len

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    21. Oct 28, 2010 4:53 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Jimmy, the marine colors, the red shirt you gave me (I wear it at the beginning of all my chilly races) the yellow pompoms, and the 'SUCK IT UP AND RUN" gang are going to be there and think you're there (and you will be in spirit, that much I know.)  We miss you, we understand the why, but we still wished you were here.

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    22. Oct 28, 2010 5:49 PM (in response to dutch omi)

As a member of this forum and "Suck it up and Run" club, I officially designate this news to be sucky! Seriously? I am bummed!

I will always remember you as the running Marine with a big heart. You had medals made for my 3 darling girls to reward them for running their first 5K. They love you. We all love you and will miss you this year, but there's always next year, right?

Love,

Ruby

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• CWCastelli Legend 375 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    23. Oct 29, 2010 1:11 PM (in response to RubyBPG)

Hey, are we all meeting at the runner's village before the race to go over logistics for this thing (Mike - think Confirmation brief)?  My wife usually hangs out around Mile 22 and I am going to tell her to look for the Marine colors and hook up with that group.

For the end, anyone who wants to join in for the final push is welcome.  I should be at Mile 26 about 5:30 after I cross the start line, so say 130PM-140PM.

Chris

I'm not slow, I'm rear security.

Thoroughbreds run fast and finish early.  Clydesdales run slow and pull beer wagons.  I'll be a Clydesdale.

• Charlie!2 Legend 1,128 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    25. Nov 2, 2010 5:42 AM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

For you Jimmy!  I was honored and proud to be a part of this MCM!

MCM Monument.jpg

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    26. Nov 2, 2010 11:01 AM (in response to Charlie!2)

Exactly what Charlie said.  This MCM was my 21st and favorite race for me, what an honor, and I'll never forget it.  Gave the colors a big kiss and said "Thanks, Jimmy" as I handed them off for Mike to pick up at Mile 16.  We may make this a tradition!

P.S.  So sorry we didn't get coordinated better, Chris!  Really wanted you to be our final leg.  I hope you had a great marathon!

Nita

• startover Amateur 9 posts since
    Aug 7, 2008
    27. Nov 3, 2010 8:46 AM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

They finally posted the finisher video of Mike crossing the finish line.......a yellow smiley face beat you by 30 sec's but they weren't carrying a flag.Good job All!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    28. Nov 3, 2010 8:54 AM (in response to startover)

Thanks, startover. I have GOT to see this. I seem to recall hearing something to the effect of "waving my arms around like an idiot." Sounds like it's not to be missed.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...