Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

699 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2010 8:49 AM by 3rin19
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 31, 2010 6:32 PM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• psbjames70 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 4, 2009
    1. Oct 31, 2010 6:32 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

Though I've only done two full marathons, I have done many other races (several half marathons, many 5k/10k and cycling centuries) and by far this was the most challenging yet the most inspired I've been on a race.  The Marines KNOW how put on a classy, well organized, and well executed event.  THANKS!!! 

• TSauer Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 2, 2010
    2. Nov 2, 2010 5:02 AM (in response to Guest )

I did not participate in this years marathon, but I can say this marathon is the best organized, smoothest run race I have ever seen.  Leave it to the Marines to do it right!  Semper Fi!

• Southridge Runner Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    3. Nov 2, 2010 6:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Once again the Marines have done their very best.  What a wonderful experience.  This was my twelfth MCM.  The good Lord has blessed me in more ways than I can imagine to allow me to continue to get out and run, especially the Marine Corp Marathon.  This race never gets old to me. As I am now a guy in his so-called "Autumn" years, I hope to continue to run this event as long as I can.

• 3rin19 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 18, 2010
    4. Dec 14, 2010 8:49 AM (in response to Guest )

My first Marine Corps Marathon, and what an experience. The course was enjoyable with a great blend of challenging roadway, hills, and scenic waypoints through DC. The only thing not so enjoyable was the ending of the race. It takes a while after crossing the finish line to leave the finish chute to the memorial area to receive the medal. All in all the experience was awesome and I look forward to running it next year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...