Skip navigation

2063 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2010 6:23 AM by dutch omi
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 2, 2010 12:04 AM

Thank You!!!!

Well the month of October is behind me now.  It is and will be for a while a great month for the running community here at the MCM Forum.  It was a story of all that is Marine.  It was about all that I have learned in my time in the Marine Corps.  I did what I did as a means to raise awareness and if possible in the recession some money.  My goal was not met but it was not publisized very well and was something that I wanted to be just small thing shared amongst this community and those we might decide to reach out to.  The Active link for donations has me just under the $1900 mark but I know of several other donations that were made directly to the Semper Fi Injured Marines Fund.  I really really really wish I had been there for the race and am very ticked that I could not figure a way to make that happen.  The family here made it up to me in a big way.

Nita said that I was instrumental in bringing us all together back in 2007 but to me it was the many post leading up to that race that made it make sense to meet for dinner and actually see who it was typing.  It is a very diverse and ecclectic group of people who do not always get along but we seem to always forgive and forget and move on.  To have a group run carrying a flag in my honor was amazing.  I am hoping next year to be able to make this race and carry it myself.  Chris I know for a fact that you were upset about missing out on doing your part but between you and me I know where that big old wookie heart is and it is in the right place.  Karen Gunther still has the banner from 2008 displayed and I will always remember that as I move forward.  I will gladly run a race next to you and carry some colors both red, white, and blue and scarlet and gold any race we can both make it to.

As for the cheer section you all are amazing and I might have done this without you but would have bailed mid month without the knowledge that I did not want to let you all and the injure Marines down.  Thank you all for inspiring me and being a driving force behind my running.  I get to mentor and be mentored in many facets of life and running is just one of them.

Charlie, Nita, Mike, and Chris my hats off to you all!!!!

This place is like home!!!!

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Nov 2, 2010 5:20 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Thank You!!!!

No, Jimmy, thank YOU.

Nita and I stopped by the Semper Fi fund table at the expo for you. They are so proud of you and send their love and continued thanks.

More surprises on the way.....

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    2. Nov 2, 2010 5:44 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Dear Jimmy, As usual, Firecat nails the sentiment with her words: "No, Jimmy, thank YOU!" You took this motley group and tied it together with your amazing feat...er...feet...anyway, we thank you for reminding us of the gifts and sacrifices that allow our liberty to live, love, laugh, and run. Congratulations on your accomplishment, Jimmy! Stupendous! :)

• KarlD_Navy84 Legend 879 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    3. Nov 2, 2010 6:33 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Nice work Jimmy! It was an honor supporting your efforts to raise money for the Injured Marines Fund. Wish I could have been there in person this year to share in the festivities. Talk to you soon.

Karl

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,432 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    4. Nov 2, 2010 7:22 AM (in response to KarlD_Navy84)

This was a great year in a number of ways.  It was sad that you couldn't make it, but we tried to make up for it.  Everybody ran thinking of you, most of all the "flag bearers".  Next year, Jimmy!

Len

• MikeDaMarine08 We're Not Worthy 2,498 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008
    5. Nov 3, 2010 4:52 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Jimmy,

I was just happy to be a part of all of this.  Carl came up with the idea of making the flag run an annual event so I am on board for doing it again in '11.  Maybe collectively raising money and donating the signed colors to the IMSFF. Keep that in the back of your mind for next year.

MCM '09, '10, '11

Richmond Marathon '09

RNR Arizona Marathon '10

RNR Mardi Gras Marathon '10

Shamrock Marathon '10, '12

Frederick Marathon '10

Madison Marathon '10

1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon '10

Baltimore Marathon '10

Outer Banks Marathon '10

Seashore 50K

Houston '12

Flying Pig '12

Next Race - MCM Baby!!!!!!

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Nov 3, 2010 5:07 PM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

I got dibs on rear security, unless anyone wants to run a six-plus next year....

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    7. Nov 4, 2010 5:31 AM (in response to thefirecat)

Great job Jimmy,

Wish I had a better race,  but had a great week-end, wishing you the best for the up-coming year!  Turning 50 play a little with my head during the race, but it is all good.  V/R Phillip

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    8. Nov 4, 2010 6:23 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

Jimmy, you were with us all the way this past weekend, we thought about you, you ran with us in spirit and we toasted you.  See you at the next MCM.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...