Skip navigation

1047 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 4:05 AM by Dufresne11
BallerDownUnder Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2010 2:12 AM

Tryouts for basketball tomorrow!

OK, so I have tryouts for high school tomorrow and whilst basketball isn't that huge in Australia, I've still trained very hard for this, everyday after school, and not getting in just isn't an option. However, I fear I won't make it due to the pressure, they'll be heaps of people trying out (heaps of guards, and I play guard) and heaps of people watching how the tryouts go, and the tryouts last week were a disaster for me and i fear it will happen again. I don't think the coach really noties me either. I have a chance to redeem myself tomorrow but I know the pressure will get to me tomorrow. What do you guys think I should do about tomorrow (I'm pretty sure this sort of thing will happen in future tryouts to me, so even if you see this a week after my try out, i'd still appreciate your advice because I really need it because I just don't deal very well with pressure)

Thanks guys. (Sorry if some of what I say doesn't make sense, i'm just nervous about tomorrow and in a hurry)

• Dufresne11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 7, 2010 4:05 AM (in response to BallerDownUnder)
    Re: Tryouts for basketball tomorrow!

When I get nervous I just take a moment and think of the greatest athletic moment in my life.  I try to capture the feeling of accomplishment that I had.  Some people call it positive visualization.  I just call it remembering a time when all of my hard work paid off.  It reminds me that I can do just about anything I put my mind to.  Give it a shot and see if that doesn't calm you down and remind you that you can do this...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...