Skip navigation

4085 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 10:19 PM by Cuh RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2010 4:30 AM

Event Reviews

Share your comments on back to the article page.

• Jim Moran076 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Nov 7, 2010 4:30 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

Great article!  My son is a 'good shooter' but his mechanics are off.  I'm going to work with him on these fundamentals.  Also, I agree that too much 'game time' and not enough 'practice time' is needed to improve your skills.

• Illanoize23 Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 10, 2010
    2. Nov 10, 2010 4:55 PM (in response to Guest )

ThisThmusis makes me wanna shoot! Definately savin this link!

• droctogonapus Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 18, 2010
    3. Nov 18, 2010 4:52 PM (in response to Guest )

I am inspired now. Hopla is true sharp shooter who probably looks at the basket like its an ocean. I always am complaining how i can never fix my shot but never knew what to do. Now i know and im going to put the time in to have my shot like Hopla.

• joerizzle Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 13, 2010
    4. Nov 19, 2010 3:12 PM (in response to Guest )

This makes me want to shot 500 shots every day like I use to do in the summer!!

I feel so motivated and inspired right now. Great, great article!!

• Jeasy Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 21, 2010
    5. Nov 21, 2010 10:45 PM (in response to Guest )

Very inspirational. After reading this I just got to work on my shot.

• drcheesepuff Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 24, 2010
    6. Nov 24, 2010 4:45 PM (in response to Guest )

bro you are amazing i did the beef project and went outside and didnt miss a single shot and now ive gotten pro god bless you man

• legaldee Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 2, 2010
    7. Jan 8, 2011 2:36 PM (in response to Guest )

I keep a mental count: in other words MISSING IS UNACCEPTABLE--PERIOD.  Like Hopla, I shoot thousands of shots in every 3 hour workout I get (at least once a week (I have a job).  I've been doing the same workout for over 40 years "I'm 56 years old; can still run a 40 under 5 second (4.5-4.7); still have a 36-40 inch vertical leap on those days I still have legs (3 ruptured disc/bilateral nerve damage/fibromyalgia).  The only thing I do different is I don't warm up so I can show the kids how fast I can adjust because YOU MUST KNOW THE REASONS THAT CAUSE YOU TO MISS.  I also have a list but a "iron clad" technique that works for EVERYONE.  Automatically correct that poor form with one single adjustment.  http://defend-rebound-finish.com/ Seeing is believing.  Ask Kobe's other mentor about me: Wayne Slappy: See Father's of the Sport starring Wayne, Dr. J. , Jelly Bean Bryant (Kobe's dad and Wayne's Business Partner.)  Just google the film title.

• Shaynethebasketballwizard123 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 4, 2011
    8. Jan 4, 2011 10:13 PM (in response to Guest )

So you don't jump when you shoot

• JustDoIt11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 8, 2011
    9. Jan 8, 2011 1:03 PM (in response to Guest )

I get so frustrated when I miss my shots.  This makes me want to go shoot right now.  Unfourtunatly I can't because it is winter and I don't have a ride to the gym.  Next time I see a basket though I will practice these steps.  They are already ingraved in my head!

Dec 2, 2010
    10. Jan 8, 2011 2:24 PM (in response to JustDoIt11)

There are drills you can do inside that will help you refine your shooting technique.  For instance: you can take Hopla's BEEF and do it sitting down if you don't have a room with a high ceiling.  The purpose is to WORK ON TECHNIQUE.  It will help you develop a nice SOFT shot with plenty of ARCH. It's also a good drill for practicing BACKSPIN the proper spin of the ball; It also teaches you DISCIPLINE (muscle memory as they say); teaches CONTROL; one of the easiest ways to become AMBIDEXTROUS like me; try shooting the ball with all of the above so that the ball falls down directly in front of you.

"improvisation is 9/10 of everything.  Hopla's BEEF or my "Jump: Shoot: Reach"

Hope this helps.

www.defend-rebound-finish.com/

Dec 2, 2010

I'm not sure if your question was for Hopla or for me because I just "replied" above and it really doesn't look like a reply (non-threaded).  The other reason I am replying is because I left my web address in the previous comment and if you saw my "cheap" videos then you know that I use a "low jump" when practicing shooting = balance and control.  Jump high only when necessary (lol). Too much jump = less balance and less control.

Message was edited by: legaldee

• ihittresallday Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    12. Feb 4, 2011 11:48 AM (in response to Guest )

WOAH THAT IS AMAZING I HOPE I GET TO BE PRO SOME DAY

• Unverf5 Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 30, 2011
    13. Jun 30, 2011 2:33 PM (in response to Guest )

I used BEEF at my camp too. It helped me with free throws now I can make 8 of 10 shots. Also Ray Allen is amazing he makes a lot of his shots!

• carlosj20 Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 20, 2011
    14. Dec 30, 2011 10:06 AM (in response to Guest )

the BEEF techniques works well

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...