Skip navigation

1596 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 7:51 AM by love4thegame
ToughD Legend 502 posts since
May 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 3, 2010 3:30 PM

Horrible Timing!

Okay our first game is Tuesday November 9th...against the reigning champs AT their arena. And on Saturday I sprained my ankle. I thought it was OK but my parents wanted me to see the doctor...you know they said its better to be safe than sorry. He said you better stay off it for 7-14 days and today is Wednesday. It's probably 75 80 percent right now. Some people say I should wear an ankle brace but I've also heard bad things about them so what should I do any tips?

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    1. Nov 3, 2010 4:16 PM (in response to ToughD)
    Re: Horrible Timing!

Well, I think that you should play if you can play on it, because you want to show what you can do, and get your feet wet in the first game of the season. And, it's against the Champs too. But, if you play them again for sure, I say rest, but you do want to show what you can do.

If you think it's good enough to play with, play. And, if it starts to hurt during the game, let the coach know and tell him to limit you are something.

It's honestly up to you. Doctors know when you will heal, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'd do it, and I can worry about resting after it, because it's a big game, and your team will need everyone to contribute to win the game and send a message to the rest of the league.

• Legendary23 Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    2. Nov 6, 2010 10:21 AM (in response to Phenom70)

Think about this

Play that one game, you get hurt even worse, and your out for the season

Sit out for one game, youve got the whole season ahead of you.

• guardrmb Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 6, 2010
    3. Nov 6, 2010 1:51 PM (in response to ToughD)

i think u should play on it with an ankle brace

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    4. Nov 7, 2010 7:08 AM (in response to ToughD)

Oh man tough break! It all depends on when your next game is for me because you will have a week after that first game to recover but if not I don't know that I would risk it. If you do wear an ankle brace tough, you should be alright. One kid on my team just had the same thing but he was still able to play with the brace. Hopefully you are healed by now anyway. Good Luck.

• love4thegame Amateur 11 posts since
    Sep 8, 2010
    5. Nov 7, 2010 7:51 AM (in response to ToughD)

i would say play because it is such an important game, but if it is something thatcan get a lot worse because you play, then i would say sit, because there will always be other opportunities

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...