Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1447 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2010 6:35 AM by Jog4Fun
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2010 10:42 AM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• Richard Bakare Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    1. Nov 8, 2010 5:29 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

Great race although the start was frustratingly cold. Course is well maintained and the race is organized and well managed. This was my second time running this race and I was happy to see my time go down. Only change I would make is to move the start time back to 9:00 am due to to the cold and also to mark the race as a 10 mile race because it is in fact longer than the 9 mile declared distance.

Simplicty is the ultimate form of sophistication - Da Vinci

• roodly Amateur 16 posts since
    Sep 23, 2008
    2. Nov 7, 2010 11:34 AM (in response to Guest )

As usual Dirty Spokes puts on a class event.  I love the shirts and medals. I found no fault in the event : As far as time start I go with 8:30 since all other Xterra races start then. Also distance ( 9, 9.5 , 10 whatever ) is not important as long as all runners do the same distance.

• Ganbare NJ Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 13, 2009
    3. Nov 7, 2010 1:47 PM (in response to Guest )

Dirty Spokes gets A ! Talk about a tough trail! Rocky, yes! Roots! You bet! Hills! Oh, yeah! And it was all worth the blood and sweat! We were a running family yesterday! Loved the experience (though I am quite achy today). Will be back for more!

• Mayna Jayanti Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 30, 2008
    4. Nov 7, 2010 2:15 PM (in response to Guest )

Saturday, Nov 6, 2010 was my first trail run and I enjoyed it very much.  Even though I had to travel down from Charlotte to Atlanta, the trip was worthwhile.

• Eye Mom Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 13, 2009
    5. Nov 8, 2010 2:55 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first trial run and I LOVED IT.  It was very rocky and steep but we were warned of this before the start of the race.  The 8:30 start time was not a problem: I dressed accordingly.  It was well-organized; the trails were well-maintained; the volunteers were great; all-in-all, a great race.

• thesusanmiller1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 8, 2010
    6. Nov 8, 2010 7:52 AM (in response to Guest )

Just registered for the next in the series!!  CAN'T WAIT!

• danielsfitplan Rookie 1 posts since
    May 24, 2010
    7. Nov 8, 2010 2:21 PM (in response to Guest )

Another awesome race by Dirty Spokes !!! Tim is great at getting together the best races in GA trail running. This course was quite a beast and really really required some strong endurance. Lots of rocks and switchbacks. Well organized and the support along the run was incredible, Its my 3rd in the EXTERRA SERIES  and I plan to run them all. If you want a great run then join any of the trail runs Dirty Spokes puts out.

• Godsracer Rookie 3 posts since
    May 24, 2010
    8. Nov 9, 2010 10:49 AM (in response to Guest )

Tim and the Dirty Spokes crew always do an outstanding job putting on thier trail runs.  This race was no different.  Everything from start to finish was done with the spirit of excellence.  The race course was not to difficult, but challenging enough with the rocks,  roots, and distance.  A really fun race that I plan on doing next year.  If you are thinking about doing this race or another of the Xterra races or Dirty Spokes Trail Runs ...go for it...you will not be sorry.   

• Jim Merritt Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 25, 2010
    9. Nov 9, 2010 4:53 PM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed the Battle at Big Creek.  I guess since I wimped out on the 9 miler and did the 5 it would more aptly be called The Skirmish at Big Creek for me.  Anyway I still walked away with a Gold medal and the book, Born To Run, which my good running friend Ken Brown gave me.

• Jog4Fun Amateur 14 posts since
    Sep 27, 2008
    10. Nov 13, 2010 6:35 AM (in response to Guest )

Loved this race, as it was all it was made out to be ... rocks, roots and fun!  Thanks to Dirty Spokes for putting it on, and to RAMBO for all the support all the way (and especially for clearing the leaves off the trail the day before).  This was my 3rd trail run, and I will definitely being doing more.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...