Skip navigation

2525 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 9:48 PM by Sportzdadof5 RSS
superstarsslugging Rookie 4 posts since
Aug 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2010 8:00 PM

The Best Muscle Memory tool for hitting

If you want to make your hitters feel the correct swing path to the ball , this is your tool. If you need to correct a hitter from rolling their wrist, this is your tool. Check out the website and see for yourself. Best hitting tool on the market. 100% guarantee to see difference in your hitters. superstarsslugging.com 830-708-7572

CC accepted by phone.

superstarsslugging.com

• MarkH Pro 98 posts since
    Jan 15, 2000
    1. Aug 30, 2010 9:56 AM (in response to superstarsslugging)
    Re: The Best Muscle Memory tool for hitting

If it's so good why is the little male lefty the only hitter on your linked page whose body position and arm position isn't awful?

link

Jan 15, 2000
    3. Sep 1, 2010 8:01 AM (in response to superstarsslugging)

Any drill or hitting constraint can be perverted without knowledge. Palm up and down is fine as far as it goes but up and down are relative terms. Up and down compared to what? The world? The swing plane? Something else?

Maybe this link will help illustrate what I mean.

link

• Sportzdadof5 Expert 38 posts since
    Nov 17, 2008
    4. Sep 16, 2010 7:33 AM (in response to MarkH)

The insider bat is a great hitting tool to use hitting off a tee or from soft tossing. The Ultimate Hitting Machine is another good soft toss machine that the Insider Bat can be used with.

www.shop.beebesports.com

Jan 15, 2000
    5. Sep 16, 2010 7:43 AM (in response to MarkH)

I'm sure those two tools can be used effectively. I'm just as sure they can be used poorly without an understanding of the goal and what a good swing is. Superstarslugging doesn't seem to want to answer my question in the post above yours. Would you care to take a shot at it?

Jan 15, 2000
    6. Sep 18, 2010 5:04 AM (in response to MarkH)

Well if you guys don't want to discuss it, I'd beg you please, since you are teaching kids to hit, to study the linked page. Then follow up all the links on that site comparing your hitting beliefs to video clips of elite hitters both in slow motion and full speed.

Nov 17, 2008
    7. Oct 29, 2010 7:05 PM (in response to MarkH)

Superstarsslugging is the one selling the insider bat.  Let him discuss it with you.

A lot of people like the insider bat, I was just stating that it is a good tool to use with the Ultimate Hitting Machine. Some people also use the one handed swing trainer bats with this machine.

Step on the launch pad to toss ball in the air, then load up.... and swing as ball starts back down.

-

www.shop.beebesports.com

Jan 15, 2000
    8. Nov 1, 2010 10:33 AM (in response to Sportzdadof5)

"Superstarsslugging is the one selling the insider bat. Let him discuss it with you."

They did...and honestly to their credit. I'm not trying to be an @$$. I'm asking you and them to compare what they and you teach and promote to slow motion video of elite hitters to make sure you are not teaching kids something inefficient.

"A lot of people like the insider bat, I was just stating that it is a good tool to use with the Ultimate Hitting Machine. Some people also use the one handed swing trainer bats with this machine."

Most any gadget/constraint can be used well or poorly depending on the instructor's understanding and communication of that understanding to the hitter.

"Step on the launch pad to toss ball in the air, then load up.... and swing as ball starts back down."

Do you see this sort of post step hesitation in a good swing by good hitters?

Nov 17, 2008
    9. Nov 7, 2010 2:19 PM (in response to MarkH)

I don't teach using the insider bat, and never stated that I did.  Just saying, for the people that use it and like it, then the Ulimate Hitting Machine (www.shop.beebesports.com)  may be a good product to use with the insider bat.

"Step on the launch pad to toss the ball in the air, then load up.....and swing as ball starts back down"

"Do you see this sort of post step hesitation in a good swing by good hitters?"

It's not a post step hesitation.  The first step on the launch pad is to just launch the ball in the air.  The machine can be adjusted to toss a ball to different heights, so a batter will have plenty of time to be ready to take a normal swing as ball starts back down.  Works similiar to a person self tossing to them self, only the machine tosses the ball in the air.  A good product for a kid to use daily to get a lot of swing reps in.

Jan 15, 2000
    10. Nov 8, 2010 8:11 AM (in response to Sportzdadof5)

If you say so. The video I've seen using such equipment shows a kid stepping onto the trigger, freezing to wait on the ball and then rotating into the ball. When I've seen it used where the swing flowed, the hitter hit the ball on the way up. I can see where it could be useful and fun briefly with young ones. I wouldn't keep them on it.

Nov 17, 2008
    11. Nov 9, 2010 9:48 PM (in response to MarkH)

Kind of looks like he's hitting the ball when it just reaches the peak of the toss.....ball just isn't being tossed high enough.   Machine can be adjusted to toss balls higher than it shows on the video.    The proper way to use this machine with best results is to wait (load up) after ball is tossed up, and hit it as it starts back down.  Again, it works similiar to person self tossing to them self.  Picture youself self tossing to your self.  You get into hitting position, bat in one hand and you toss the ball in the air with other hand, then you swing at ball as it starts back down.  Now, picture your self standing next to launch pad on this machine.  You get into hitting position, step down on launch pad and ball pops up, you load up and swing as ball starts back down.  Before a person starts hitting, they should adjust the height of the ball toss, according to how tall the person is hitting off it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...