Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1468 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2010 1:33 PM by Ace High
Genedr59 Expert 56 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2010 8:05 AM

What's wrong with Hockey Parents?

I was at a rink this Saturday and overheard a parent explaining that their club was a AA Plus, we're between AA and tier one!?  So since another team beat this AA Plus team 5 to 1, does that make them a AA PLus, Plus Plus and put them between AA and the NHL?  Put brain in motion before opening mouth!

• Ace High Amateur 34 posts since
    Nov 10, 2006
    1. Nov 8, 2010 1:07 PM (in response to Genedr59)
    Re: What's wrong with Hockey Parents?

I'm assuming you don't include yourself in this group, and I certainly don't include myself, so why generalize with 'Hockey Parents' when one delusional soul speaks stupidly? How about: what's wrong with some hockey parents? or, what's wrong with hockey parents whose kids stink? or, whats wrong with the hockey parent sitting in the fifteenth row, fourth from the end, wearing the blue hoodie and napolean dynamite desert boots?

Pointless.

• Practical Sam Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 4, 2010
    2. Nov 8, 2010 1:39 PM (in response to Genedr59)

Sounds to me like an unfortunate way of saying that they think their kid's team is a strong AA team.  Possibly they would have rephrased if they knew that you were eavesdropping and would report the comments on eteamz.

• Ace High Amateur 34 posts since
    Nov 10, 2006
    4. Nov 10, 2010 1:33 PM (in response to Genedr59)

Have you seen some of the early morning dirty pony tails and mesh baseball caps that show up at the rink? THAT you could start to generalize about. I will admit, however, it's very difficult to listen to some verbalize their vicarious hockey life and how great they ( their kid ) is.

Probably universal in team sports.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points