Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3069 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2010 8:48 AM by PTCPaul 1 2 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 14, 2010 8:05 AM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• mpechin Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 4, 2010
    1. Nov 14, 2010 8:05 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

What a beautiful course to run at Serenbe!  This was our first year and there were three generations running the 5k - my mom, myself, and my 12 year old son.  The course weaved past the horse pasture and we watched them galloping as we ran by, then enjoyed a spectacular view of the lake with mist rising out of it and ducks playing in the water.  This was my mom's first 5k and we enjoyed every minute of it!

• ulisesf Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 22, 2010
    2. Nov 14, 2010 11:04 AM (in response to Guest )

my second year and got the 3rd place in my cathegory.. .awesome trail, nature, good timing

looking forward for the next

cheers

• jstrane Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2010
    3. Nov 14, 2010 11:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Second 15K, first Serenbe.... Great race and event, well organized and the course was beautiful.   Thanks to all the sponsors. Wife and I will be back next year.

• dante563 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2008
    4. Nov 14, 2010 12:12 PM (in response to Guest )

Course is challenging and beautiful.  Starting on time would be nice but didn't mind waiting for the sax solo of Star Spangled Banner.  Finish chute became a little unorganized as more people came in and they got confused.  Spring for some scaffolding and banners for the finish line next year.  Also use the stables area for parking next year.

Post race goodies were incredible, pizza, burrito's, beer, etc.  The bluegrass band was also great and made for a great post race party.  The dilemma is do you want to tell your friends how great the race is and spoil the quaintness of the race?  I'm sure they will find out anyway.

• h4tc Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 17, 2008
    5. Nov 14, 2010 12:16 PM (in response to Guest )

Dante 563 hit it right on. Thanks for the great time. See you next year.

• eRock42 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 19, 2010
    6. Nov 14, 2010 12:19 PM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed this race course, what a beautiful spot. I was also taken by the sax and bagpipe players. My only criticism was how early in the morning it was for a Saturday. 9am would have been a better time to start imo.

• Nate Goodwin Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 20, 2007
    7. Nov 14, 2010 12:55 PM (in response to Guest )

What a wonderful race!  Beautiful course, great terrain, excellent post-race events!  One of the better trail races I've run lately; I'll definitely be participating again next year!  Thank you to the Serenbe community for hosting!

• natalie751 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    8. Nov 14, 2010 1:18 PM (in response to Guest )

LOVED this race! You couldn't ask for more beautiful scenery! See you next year.

• Richard Bakare Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    9. Nov 14, 2010 1:35 PM (in response to Guest )

This was the second year in a row that I ran this race and it was better this year than last. The course is well maintained and supported. Mile markers at every mile throughout the race and evenly distributed water stations throughout the course. The musicians along the course was an added plus. The post race festivities were great and the beer ever so sweet. I recommend this trail race for everyone.

Simplicty is the ultimate form of sophistication - Da Vinci

• dw54 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 31, 2010
    10. Nov 14, 2010 5:04 PM (in response to Guest )

I have never seen a race start more than fifteen minutes late.  I am still not sure why there was such a long delay.  The course was not five kilometers long and more than half of the "trail" run was on paved asphalt streets.  Having said that it was a beautiful setting for a race, it is a shame the race organizers couldn't get their act together.  Great food and drink after the race. 

• jakohm Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 26, 2007
    11. Nov 14, 2010 5:25 PM (in response to Guest )

The 15K course is a great, but challenging course. It's very scenic. The weather was great and the post run party rocks. Thanks Sweetwater! Part of the delayed start was the late arriving crowd picking up their race numbers.

• Brujitaaah Amateur 9 posts since
    Jun 6, 2010
    12. Nov 14, 2010 6:23 PM (in response to Guest )

Top five reasons to run this race:

1. GORGEOUS scenery

2. Challenging 15K for runners who like unique race lengths!

3. Great post race celebration- plenty of food and water

4. Cute shirts- This one I will actually wear running!

5. Perfect time of year- Fall was showing off! Beautiful fall colors and perfect cool weather to race in! 

• Bain Slack Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 23, 2009
    13. Nov 15, 2010 5:16 AM (in response to Guest )

My second year at Serenbe. Awesome race. Will do it again next year.  I have also done 2 Granite Grinders and think that Good Run Productions and all sponsers put on great events.  As noted by some of the other reviews, the race did start about 15 minutes late which was the same as last year. Not a big deal but it seems to be due to lack of PortaPottys.  I would suggest either get more pottys or just officially move the race time to 8:15am or just continue start it late.  Like I said, not a big deal.  More time to stretch.

My bigger complaint is the lack of food for the 15K finishers this year.  I finished around 1h32m (not great but not too bad, imo) and all the pizza and burritos were gone.  This is not a problem at the Granite Grinders which both years have seem better organized in general with regard to post race food/drinks. 

I did get a post-race beer (Thanks Sweetwater!) and then walked up the street to have a great breakfast at the Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop in Serenbe.  If you are in the area, check that place out.

• Scott Stinson Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    14. Nov 15, 2010 6:47 AM (in response to Guest )

A great even and a tough course. A little longer than a 5k but who cares. It was beautiful.  Serenbe, while i like my events early in the AM, this is one that you would benefit from starting an hour later like others have said.  Get yourself some shop front and real estate traffic while you host this!. Where was the OPEN HOUSE! Cold weather kept my family away, no pockets on me kept the cash away, but the stores and real estate will benefit with a little more sun and a few more pocketbooks no doubt.  Cheers to Serenbe for this great event. How about a Serenbe Trail series in the south end of Metro ATL with the 15k as the finale?... We need more of this down here.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...