Skip navigation

14244 Views 65 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 8:01 PM by lv2trot RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,326 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 15, 2010 6:29 AM (in response to RubyBPG)
    Re: Dear friends... need your prayers...

Ruby,

Kat posted this on Facebook - good to know.

"Also, my best friend's dad is a neurosurgeon in Baltimore. Let me know if you'd like me to put them in touch if she'd like a second opinion."

Len

BTW, I posted a comment in the "Marathon Runners" group on Facebook.  The group consists of most of those who used to frequent this forum.  Many prayers are being said on both sides of the internet.  I hope your visit with the neurosurgeon went well!

Len

• teknofauz Legend 366 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    16. Nov 15, 2010 6:38 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

Ruby -

The word is being spread to many so you have many, many prayers being said for you and your family.  Positive thoughts are also heading your way.  Please keep us up to date and know we are all hear for you as your support!

Laura

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Nov 15, 2010 7:14 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

(Len, I see you delete faster than I do!)

Ruby, additions to the PM I sent you: my parents have both expressed their dismay at the magnitude of suck, and offer prayers. Also, the second thing my dad says is, "Tell her I can go down and watch her kids if she needs help with that." At which point my mom said so would she. So, yeah, my folks are arguing over who's gonna help you with this. So you know you are totally loved.

Also, I've put word in with my sister and her monastery. So there are 37 nuns in Chicago praying for you. And those ladies get sh.t done.

Seriously, though. Let us know what we can do as things unfold. If you need folks to babysit while you're at appointments, or visit you while you're bored out of your tree waiting for test results, take you out to a movie to get your mind off stuff, kvetch with you, pray with you, do your laundry when your husband keeps shrinking your socks, whatever you need. That's why we're here. We're not here because we run marathons together. We're here because we're a family, and we love each other. And you are a hugely important part of that family. You won't be taking one step of this effed up journey alone. Wherever it leads you, it leads all of us. No man left behind.

We got your back, Rubes. (in my case, mostly because I'm slow and can't catch up with you!)

love love love

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,326 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    18. Nov 15, 2010 7:20 AM (in response to thefirecat)

Sara, that one really ticked me off.

Ruby, ditto what Sara said.  We're all family.  I can't offer as much direct help (we're going through our own trials at the moment here in Herringland 2.)  But let us/me know of anything we can do.

Len

Len

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. Nov 15, 2010 7:24 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Hey Ruby. I'll definitely be saying prayers for you. That is a huge shock. A friend's 25 year old son was just diagnosed w/ a brain tumor after having vision problems also. Thank you for trusting us with this.

Lee (aka Staving)

Chocolate is very nice.
  • thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Nov 15, 2010 7:50 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

lenzlaw wrote:

Sara, that one really ticked me off.

Yeah, there was NO limit to the amount of protective guard-firecat fierceness that one evoked. It wasn't pretty.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    21. Nov 15, 2010 7:50 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

How did your appointment this morning go? Prayers coming your way. All the best wishes for you 262 BPG!

• Sharon21867 Rookie 7 posts since
    Sep 16, 2009
    22. Nov 15, 2010 9:54 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

thinking of you...sending good vibes your way

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    23. Nov 15, 2010 9:57 AM (in response to Sharon21867)

Dear Ruby,

So sorry that I'm coming out of the woodwork for this occasion. As others have said, you have all my love and support although unforunately that may not be "enough" right now. I know you are a fighter who is strong in body and mind because, amongst other things, you are a marathoner. You are a beautiful, kind, vibrant person and I'm always wishing you only the best. As Craig said, I'm also wondering how your appointment went- I've been thinking about you all morning. Please stay just as strong as I know you can be, but know that when being tough is hard we are here for you.

With love,

Kat

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    24. Nov 15, 2010 10:06 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

You're in my thoughts and prayers, too, Ruby.  Stay strong.

-Ron

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    25. Nov 15, 2010 11:10 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby-

I am sending you and your family all of my love and prayers. Thank you for sharing this with us so we can be there for you. Sometimes it is hard to know what to say or do for someone that is going through something like this. Please let us know what you need...no matter how big or small! Love ya, kiddo!!  Jen

I will run for cupcakes!!

• Andrew... Legend 273 posts since
    Jan 24, 2008
    26. Nov 15, 2010 11:22 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby,

Prayers said and more prayers coming for you and your family.

I am looking forward to the time when this cloud has passed and we can read about your running adventures, including completing your 5th MCM.

Until your next race, please know that we are supporting you in our thoughts and in our prayers. After that next race as well.

Andrew

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    27. Nov 15, 2010 1:11 PM (in response to RubyBPG)

I will pray for healing and full restoration.

skypilots love to pray.

• Charlie!2 Legend 1,128 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    28. Nov 15, 2010 4:36 PM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby,  So sorry to hear about this and can't imagine what you must be going through.  But you are amazing and strong and will get through this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you the best.

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    29. Nov 16, 2010 6:03 AM (in response to Charlie!2)

Hi Ruby,

You will be in our prayers.  I am sorry to hear about your situation but God is awesome and he will see you through this.  Lots of hugs to you and your family, keep us posted, we're all pulling for you.

Jesus

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...