Skip navigation

13911 Views 65 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 8:01 PM by lv2trot RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Nov 22, 2010 6:51 AM (in response to RubyBPG)
    Re: Dear friends... need your prayers...

Dear Ruby,

Thank you so much for the update.  You inspire us all with your peace and strength.  Sending prayers, wishes, healing vibes, peace, luck, health, and joy.

Keep us posted as you are able.

<3, Bec.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,270 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    46. Nov 22, 2010 7:08 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby, it is good to hear from you again, and that you are finding your way.  At times like this, family, friends, and your faith in God will steer your course.  Knowing that course is calming.  Fear comes from uncertainty.

We would all run a race with you Ruby (though I'm not sure I could keep up).  Be sure that in this race, you have a lot of friends.  "Fight the good fight".  Do what you must to come out the other side a better and stronger person.

Len

Len

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    47. Nov 22, 2010 7:54 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Hey Ruby,

I haven't been around here in forever, but I wanted to sign in and let you know that I was thinking about you and praying for you. You are such a good natured and wonderful person, I know there has to be good news in the future.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Holly

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    48. Nov 22, 2010 8:41 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby,

I'm so sorry. I am sorry you and your family are going through such an incredibly difficult time and that there are limited choices. I am, thankful, however, that you are able to find solace in prayer and your spirituality and that you are supported by wonderful people, including your amazing husband. Len said it quite well (as he tends to do): we will run a marathon with you, be it literally or metaphorically. I hope you can find support from the people here in addition to all the others. We love you. You are a strong, vibrant woman and you make the days brighter of all you come in contact with. I'm thankful for your friendship, always wish you the best and offer my hope and help in any way that you need it.

With love,
    Kat

PS- Tell James we love him too. I'm thankful you have someone so good to be your hero.

PPS- I'm sorry I only have words to comfort you. I wish I could take some of it away.

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    49. Nov 22, 2010 9:19 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Nothing but the best wishes & hopes for you and James, 262 BPG. Numerous prayers continuing to come your way.

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    50. Nov 22, 2010 9:35 AM (in response to Courir26)

Thanks for the update. You are amazing, Ruby!  Your courage and grace are in inspiration.

You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

-Ron

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    51. Nov 22, 2010 9:58 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

I'm with Len. I'll run with you, but I can't keep up either.

Continued love. I'll come see you whenever you say. Just give me enough notice to gas up the car.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    52. Nov 22, 2010 10:31 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby,

I want thank you from the bottom of my heart,you have opened my eyes again to really realize what is important to me and what isn't Family and Friends . I am trully thankful for what we have and not what I could have. Thank you for the update and I look forward to placing your blog website in my favorites and reading all about your return to the MCM with us........

My strength, courage, and prayers are being shipped to you as quickly as I get them!!!!!

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• Kbear74 Legend 416 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007
    53. Nov 22, 2010 11:14 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby and all,

Ever since I heard, all I have been able to think it the following verse.  "Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  Matthew 17:20.  I have seen this faith and postive outlook do amazing things for people.  I will continue to pray.  And if there is anything else I can do/send/help with, let me know.

Kara

Proud mom and Athena runner. Kara (and Jman)
  • cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    54. Nov 22, 2010 11:21 AM (in response to silvereagle)

Ruby,

Thank you for the update.  I don't go to church often but, if I have learned anything in this life, is that God is simply amazing.  I know he will guide you and your family through this.  All the responses of support and encouragement you are getting, are a reflexion of your person.  You are an amazing person who will pull through this.  I know God has a plan for everything and miracles even for something like this, are not too big for him.  We are all praying for you and sending tons of love and good wishes for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Jesus Martinez

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• Colorado Dreaming Pro 73 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    55. Nov 22, 2010 3:24 PM (in response to RubyBPG)

Everywhere I go the Lord is with me...

If I call upon him he will here me...

Never will I fear for the Lord is here...

Everywhere I go...

My dear friend,

This song I learned in church many many years ago and it always comes to mind when I am at my lowest point...perhaps it will be a comfort to you as well.  We are all there for you, James and the girls.  Love always.

Debby

MCM 2010 -  Organization for Autism Research (OAR)

- Run for Autism  http://firstgiving.com/debbyandkendrasmith

• Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... Legend 845 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    56. Nov 22, 2010 4:53 PM (in response to Colorado Dreaming)

Ruby,

I'm praying for you and sending love your way.  Your strength and grace in the face of such a challenge is humbling.  Please let me know if there is anything you need.  Prayers to James and your family as well.

Lauren

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008

........without ceasing..........

• FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    58. Nov 22, 2010 6:33 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Ruby, I can only repeat what everyone else has said. Thoughts and prayers are with you. It is odd how such circumstances do bring a calmness. I wish I had something inspiring to say to you. You know all of us are in your corner.

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    59. Nov 23, 2010 4:41 AM (in response to FLKaren)

So true, in times when we should be strong and be calming and inspiring to you, it seems YOU are the one calming, encouraging, and inspiring US, Ruby.  Peace, best wishes, healing vibes, and all our prayers will continue to come your way.  Thanks so much to you and your husband for starting the blog so we can follow your progress.  And it WILL be progress.  You will beat this.  And what a celebration there will be.

All my love,

Nita

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...