Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5487 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 5:15 AM by SMARIETTA RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • LemonaidLucy Legend 332 posts since
    Sep 19, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 22, 2010 11:03 PM (in response to smithlaur2)
    Re: I don't get sore legs - why?

Well, if you play underwater hockey and rugby your legs must not be in a bad shape (not necessarily trained), that might be one of the reasons. you need certain strength to move fast. I didn't have trained legs (but fit yes), run at 9:30-10:00 min/mile and never been sore. I thinks it's the combination of that plus the gentle C25K program. As somebody already said here before, the program is for couch potatoes which you were definitely not, and neither was I:-)

Lucie

PB 5k (training): 25:32, PB 10K (training): 56:05, PB 20k: 1:55:13, PB half marathon: 2:01:32  

4/2/2011 Prague International Half Marathon 2:03:37

6/04/2011 Silva Nortica Trail Half Marathon 2:14:54

6/18/2011 Olomouc Half Marathon

8/14/2011 Zebrak 25K

Not faster, but farther. Not catch up, but hunt down.

• haploid Rookie 7 posts since
    Jan 9, 2010
    17. Jan 4, 2011 5:30 PM (in response to smithlaur2)

Is this a joke?  A troll?

"Hey guys I just got my first job but I can't stop making millions of dollars!  Why am I driving around this Ferrari F430 when everyone else is driving Honda Civics??  Halp!"

Did you expect someone to feel sympathy for your horrible plight?

Some of us are too busy overdosing on ibuprofen in an effort to dull the searing pain shooting through our knees and shins to pick up our violins and play you a sad melody.

• SMARIETTA Legend 302 posts since
    Oct 3, 2009
    18. Jan 5, 2011 5:15 AM (in response to smithlaur2)

all it means is that your legs are currently fit enough for the demands you are currently placing on them.

13:46 /mile  for  2.46 miles is not exactly going at it "hammer and tongs"

I imagine of you dropped your pace to 10 minute miles or went out and ran 5 miles tommorrow at your current pace---- you would be able to enjoy some soreness :>)

Let me give you some encouragement.

you are probably going to sail through the C25K program with no problem.

I did the same program starting early Oct.  of '09. I had had a knee operated on several years prior-so I babied myself and took it easy through the C25K program and really had no soreness to speak of( like you I had an active lifestyle going into the C25k via miles of dog walking each day and a physically demanding construction occupation)

following the C25K program- I began to extend my mileage out-and I would say that once I got over 4 miles on my runs I got to enjoy "soreness" on a regular basis.

I went on to run a half marathon in oct. '10-almost exactly one year from starting the C25k- so I will say that I was "sore" to some degree for about  10 straight months.

I took a few weeks off after the half marathon-and now I am back to running 4 miles every other day- no soreness.

In all fairness- the C25K program is a FANTASTIC plan- but it isn't a transformative experience.- it gets you to the point where you can then begin to effectively train for a transformative experience- but the c25k is just the very,VERY beginning.

enjoy the ride- you have PLENTY of time to get to where you want to go.

Best wishes,

stephen

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points