Skip navigation

2329 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2010 5:54 PM by lenzlaw RSS
Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
Apr 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2010 8:06 AM

November Mileage

How did everyone do?  I got as low as I can remember in well over a year - 86.31 which includes a marathon smack in the middle with the taper in front and the recovery following.  I guess it adds up pretty well.  My marathon was a PR! 

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Dec 1, 2010 12:23 PM (in response to Becky8846)
    Re: November Mileage

PR's are so good!!!!

I had 103 this month, I think I will be down around this again next month then I will pick it up.

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    2. Dec 1, 2010 11:22 AM (in response to Becky8846)

114 miles for me.

I lost 10 miles not being able to run the past two days. Life and work got in the way -- how dare they!

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    3. Dec 1, 2010 4:27 PM (in response to skypilot77)

I did not kee track but I am certain it was fewer than 86 miles so you beat me.

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    4. Dec 1, 2010 4:59 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

83 miles for me.  That includes one marathon an recovery after two marathons, so somw short weeks and one long week.

Len

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Dec 2, 2010 9:58 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

116.1 for me this month, I'm happy.  Let's see how little we can run in December.  I was looking at all your mileage, and it seems to be in the 80s during months with a marathon.  In October I did 85.4 miles, and that was the month with my marathon.  Seems like that must be, more or less, the standard mileage.  I haven't run yet, since my hip plant, and maybe start out again tomorrow.  The pain is much less and the black and blue mark is ginormous.  The doc said nothing to worry about, and that's good.

• MikeDaMarine08 We're Not Worthy 2,498 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008
    6. Dec 3, 2010 10:30 AM (in response to Becky8846)

It has been a lazy month, but I manged 98 including some bike miles.

MCM '09, '10, '11

Richmond Marathon '09

RNR Arizona Marathon '10

RNR Mardi Gras Marathon '10

Shamrock Marathon '10, '12

Frederick Marathon '10

Madison Marathon '10

1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon '10

Baltimore Marathon '10

Outer Banks Marathon '10

Seashore 50K

Houston '12

Flying Pig '12

Next Race - MCM Baby!!!!!!

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Dec 3, 2010 5:29 PM (in response to Becky8846)

Y'all are insane. "Yeah, it was a lazy month for me, I only did 100 miles." Yeah, and how many of those miles were during a marathon?

Crazy talk.

I don't know, I didn't keep real good track this month; I tried to get out on a trail at least once a week (because I was supposed to run a trail race with Carl last Sunday--yeah, not so much) and didn't have Garminage until quite recently, so at least 1/3 of my mileage is winging it. Also? There was that little thing called comprehensive exams and not one but two student funerals. And the fact that, apparently, my body does not yet recover like yours do. So it was a low month. Less than 80, for sure.

Obviously I haven't done any running at all in the last week, since having a back spasm (which my chiropractor thinks is the result of a herniated disc) but I *did* manage to get a 2-mile walk in today. With a walking stick. And my cell phone. And a parent hovering by the phone, convinced she was going to have to swoop to my rescue for the umpteenth time this week. So far, so good. I've also been 24 hours without painkillers. Woot! Now, for my next trick? I shall lift backpacks with a single squat! Fortunately I don't have any race plans in the immediate future, so I can take it easy, rest, stretch, and figure out what the hell I actually did and how to keep it from happening again.

And yes, for those of you who have not spoken to me privately, I will admit here what I cannot say on Facebook. This damage that I did to my back? My sudden, traumatic back injury? Was incurred while I was getting dressed Saturday morning. Fine. I injured myself putting on my underwear. Okay? Are you happy now?

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    8. Dec 3, 2010 5:54 PM (in response to thefirecat)

Okay so I went back and tried to recall my runs.  I am leaning towards a healthy 36-50 miles total for November.  Is it odd that I am already close to that for December?  I enjoyed not keeping track of my miles last month.  I wonder if I could have enough discipline to not keep up with it for the rest of this month.  I am goint to start an 18 week program and hope that I can make it to Eugene this year but as many know the pace in this place keeps me from pulling awya from work at certain times.  That is one of them.  I will keep everyone up to date on it all.

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    9. Dec 3, 2010 5:54 PM (in response to thefirecat)

That's always when it happens.  It doesn't happen when you're planting a tree or raking leaves or moving that bag of topsoil.  It happens when you bend over to put on your socks.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Dec 3, 2010 6:45 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

lenzlaw wrote:

That's always when it happens.  It doesn't happen when you're planting a tree or raking leaves or moving that bag of topsoil.  It happens when you bend over to put on your socks.

The ER staff got a lot of mileage with it, that's for sure. And I was, in fact, wearing clean underwear when I went to the hospital. The ER doc (who, it must be said, was pretty hot, though by that time I was on a muscle relaxant AND a narcotic painkiller, so he could have been a schnauzer) laughed and said, "Well, there's your FIRST problem."

Yes, folks, the attending physician advised me to go commando if I wanted to avoid reinjury. Then he found out the the hot chick I was with.....was my mom.

I've never had a more hilarious time in screaming, clawing the walls off pain, I tell ya.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...