Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6959 Views 36 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2010 11:12 AM by QueenKitty RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
    Jun 11, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    32. Nov 29, 2010 2:04 PM (in response to BlackNoir)
    Re: Started C25K on 10/4/2010

Shay - Sorry I have been missing the last couple of weeks, life has been majorly disrupting my normal schedules.  I have been running and doing PT exercises, just haven't been posting.  I have still been having issues getting past 25 minutes, and I think it's just boredom with my training.   So I downloaded a few Galloway interval workouts from MotionTraxx.  The 30 minute 30/30 wasn't enough for me.  Yesterday I ran his 45 minute 1/1 interval podcast.  It ended up being 3.5 miles.  Yeah!  I also purchased the C210K app for my blackberry.  It has more intervals and will help me increase mileage.  Shake things up a little.  I believe the walk intervals are all only 1 minute, which is good.  And I'm calling yesterday a graduation from the C25K plan.  I believe as long as I keep moving forward both in duration and distance, I will eventually do the runs without intervals and increase my speed.

Let's keep posting to see how each other are doing.  Do you have any training plans for after C25K?

Melinda

• QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
    Jun 11, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    35. Dec 3, 2010 11:12 AM (in response to BlackNoir)
    Re: Started C25K on 10/4/2010

Shay - Congratulations!  Woohoo!  You did it!!!  Do you feel awesome or what?

Most of the running apps I use are for Blackberry.  The 10k app I am using starts at intervals of 3 minute runs/1 minute walks.  I figured an app with intervals was a good thing for me because I had trouble doing the 25 minutes straight.  This eventually gets there, so I am hoping it will help me do away with the intervals.  There is another app called "Bridge to 10K" that takes you from where you left of with C25K to the 10K.  I bet you can find an app or podcast for whatever you use, or just the written plan.  That one I think would be more challenging for you.

Let  me know what you decide for your next goals and give yourself a big pat on the back.

Melinda

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...