Skip navigation

6386 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2010 4:49 PM by PHXSuns1 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Dec 9, 2010 12:03 PM (in response to gb2345)
    Re: Who's the best shooter in the nba?

I thnk Kyle Korver is one of if not the best three point shooter in the league today.

• CelticsBasketball Fan Amateur 17 posts since
    Mar 28, 2010
    16. Dec 9, 2010 6:39 PM (in response to gb2345)

RAY ALLEN.... for sure...........

• nebur60 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 5, 2010
    17. Dec 10, 2010 1:23 AM (in response to gb2345)

I'm glad to see that all or  most of the post have been respectful.  I get a little disturbed when I read some of you write that a certain player is the best shooter "without a doubt".  I think if you're a fan of a certain team or player then you've probably seen that player shoot more often then other players who have been mentioned here.  Since I'm a Laker fan I like Kobe, if you're a Celtic fan you like Ray Allen, Suns......Steve Nash, etc., etc.  I am also a basketball fan who gives credit where credit is due so if you look at stats then that's where you'll find most of the answers.  Percentages have a lot to do with it.  If you have someone like Kobe or Nash who pass and or rebound many times before they shoot because they are double teamed a lot then their scoring is going to be a little different.   People like Ray Allen and Kyle Korver are set up or have plays designed for them to get open shots are in a way in a different class.  I like Kobe because when it comes down to it he will usually make his own shots on drives, medium range or long range, or will hit his open team mates, much they way Steve Nash does. News flash! I just looked at the stats on NBA.com which you should check out.

1. Kevin Durant  27.6 ppg/ .424 FG %/  FT .920 (not even in the top 49 in 3 pt shooting %)

2. Kobe Bryant   26.6 ppg/ .441 FG %/ FT .851 (also not in the top 49 3 pt shooters percentage wise.)

22,. Steve Curry 20.1 ppg/ .489 FG % / FT .909 (no. 22 in the 3 pt shooting % list)

25. Jason Richardson 19.7 ppg/FT .481 (no. 14 on the list of 3pt shooting %, does shoot a lot more three's than most in the NBA)

33.  Steve Nash 18.2 ppg/ .508 FG %/ FT .884 (also not in the top 49 3 pt shooters percentage wise.)

48.  Ray Allen 16.3 ppg/ .481 FG %/ FT .873 (24th on the top 49 3 pt shooters)

NOTE:  Matt Bonner only averages about 7 pts per game but is number 4 on the 3 pt shooter list. and there are a whole lot of other guys in between all these names who are very good shooters, they have higher points per game averages, FG %, FT % and 3 pt shot %, so I think this proves that it all depends on who you like or who is you're favorite player.  All of you overlooked Stojackovic who's no. 9 on the top 3 pt shooters, and has probably always been in the top 10 since he came into the league.    You can brag that you've got the best shooters, take your pick there are many to choose from. I value winning seasons, especially championship seasons.

Message was edited by: nebur60

• RichardLLL Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    18. Dec 10, 2010 6:21 AM (in response to gb2345)

In my opinion Ray Allen was pretty awesome. He hit the second most 3 pointers in NBA history with 2,299 while shooting an impressive 39.8!!!

Some think Kobe Bryant took his limelight... I dont know, jus check out this guy’s throw!! Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJuRW6YRJa4&feature=player_embedded

• HoopsGirl14 Amateur 19 posts since
    May 22, 2010
    19. Dec 10, 2010 2:52 PM (in response to Kentucky'sNextsf55)
    Re: Who's the best shooter in the nba??

I agree.. Ray allen of the BOSTON CELTICS <3 him lol and hes a good shooter.

<3Hoopsgirl.. all day everyday

• Balal Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    20. Dec 10, 2010 6:28 PM (in response to Wrestling691)

yeah but kobe is unefficient too many shots a game

• PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
    Apr 25, 2010
    21. Dec 14, 2010 4:49 PM (in response to gb2345)

Steve ''MVSteve'' Nash, Against Portland Friday he had 24 Points with 5 assist and with the season in Points for PHX 18.2 Points per-game that is good. Phoenix now has to win now with Robin Lopez in the Lineup. Steve is the best Shooter not Allen or Curry.

durant35thunder.jpg

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points