Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

692 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2010 12:33 PM by PinkHelloKittyTu RSS
PinkHelloKittyTu Rookie 2 posts since
Oct 20, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2010 12:33 PM

Does this part of my foot sound like a strain?

I just started jogging/walking this past May 2010...did my first 5K on Nov. 14th...everything was fine. Than on Thanksgiving day...I did my 3 mile jog/walk, cleaned up and went to Car show..and I wore another type of walking shoe, as I was walking at the car show, the top of my shoe(I thought it was the tongue of my shoe) was bothering me...as I keep on relaceing my shoes...it still hurt the top of my foot. Long story short...I went home, took off my shoes,..walked barefoot no pain, wore UGG boots to Thanksgiving Dinner, no pain.   Friday comes I wanted to jog...I didn't last for 17 seconds with my runnng shoes.  I learned it is only when I put on shoes that has laces hurts me.  My shoes are just about 5 months old, I don't run enough miles where I would run down the treads of the shoe, and I didn't recall hurting myself that Thanksgiving day when I jogged.  I did do the RICE thing...and took Motrin...waited for a few days..tried jogging again and it still hurts.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I miss Jogging!!  As I have lost alot of weight doing it too!!  Please advice.  I have enclose a picture of where I was hurting at...its the bumpy part of my foot..my finger is pointing to it.  Thank you all in advance.

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points