Skip navigation

1150 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2010 4:43 AM by HoopsGirl14 RSS
HoopsGirl14 Amateur 19 posts since
May 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2010 2:35 PM

How can you get re-bounds more easily? How can i jump higher?

hi!

Im a girl and in the 8th grade and im 6 feet tall! I was wondering how i could get re-bounds more easily if i have a player that is the same height as i am. I box out and jump, but sometimes i cant jump as high as girls that are a lot shorter than me. Also, i always do the opening tip and i was wondering if you had any pointers for me on that. Thanks

HoopsGirl... all day everyday : )

• Balal Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010

listen carefuly i am 6foot 3inches and i am in the 9th grade. i just started high school.  wat u want to do is u want to first of all get good position.  if u have a high basketball iq u will know where the ball is going.  also if u dont have a high iq just look at the shooter and look at where the ball goes.  if it is a miss u can tell.  lastly about the jump practice with your coahc.  also at home what helps me is practicing my jump.  my celing is 10 feet and i can touch it.  but to make sure i keep myself in the right shape i try touching my ceiling everyday.  also if u have a high target in front of ur housejump and try to touch it.  i do that and i can touch 11 feet.  u need a target and jump and try to touch it.  if u cant get it at first try again.  dont go hard on yourself if u cant touch it and remember practice makes perfect o keep trying

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points