Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1745 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 7:23 AM by ColoCorredor RSS
Amskie44 Rookie 2 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 11, 2010 3:42 AM

Workout Ideas?

Hey all! I'm new to this "thread posting" thing, and I need some advice/suggestions.  I am training for my first marathon, and need some ideas/suggestions on hill workouts and speed work drills both outside and on the treadmill.  Anyone got anything good they'd like to share? Thanks!

• njnitehawk Expert 50 posts since
    Mar 21, 2010
    1. Jun 11, 2010 4:10 AM (in response to Amskie44)
    Re: Workout Ideas?

hey

1st all the best

2nd  this web site has lots' of training ideas you need to see what works for you

3rd train with a partner or not

keep it going

njnitehawk

• ColoCorredor Pro 97 posts since
    Dec 14, 2010
    2. Jan 7, 2014 7:23 AM (in response to Amskie44)
    Re: Workout Ideas?

There are a few speed workouts that will always get you results – Fartlek Runs, Hills, Lunges, Tempo Runs, and Stairs. When incorporated into your normal running program, these workouts can absolutely help you improve your race time!!  Good Luck with your training, and Happy Running!

Believe you can do it. Think no other way but “Yes you can.”
    The human body is capable of considerably more physical endurance than most of us realize!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...