Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5028 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 3:00 PM by jsmithnyc
emilysparkle Amateur 19 posts since
Sep 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 14, 2011 9:53 AM

Fleece-lined running tights recommendations?

Hey everybody,

I am looking for some warm fleece-lined running tights that I can wear running outdoors in those bone-chilling 10-20 degree days/nights. I'd prefer tights so I won't feel drafty air on my skin, and I'd like the outer material to be some kind of stretchy nylon-shell-type material, and I'd like them to be lined with some nice microfleece-type material.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Emily

• givenmt Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 18, 2008
    1. Jan 21, 2011 8:23 AM (in response to emilysparkle)
    Re: Fleece-lined running tights recommendations?

Emily,

I have been thoroughly impressed with all of the CW-X products.  They have all different types of tights and/or shorts.  I know that they have Insulator tights which I think is what you are looking for.  I run all year long in Utah where the weather is not always the best and plenty cold.  I don't even use the insulator tights and they keep me plenty warm.

Go to their website and you can check things out under the tight selector tab.  Here is the homepage.  http://cw-x.com/Default.aspx

I actually have found that I like the tights so much during the winter that I have purchased the compression shorts for all other seasons.

Good luck!

Michael

• Billiken on the Run Pro 135 posts since
    Nov 28, 2007
    2. Feb 2, 2011 12:38 PM (in response to emilysparkle)

I have a couple different brands of tights and I'd say I'm most impressed with my Pearl Izumi ones for my coldest runs. They're fleece-lined and fit well. The only drawback is that they don't have zippers down at the ankles so they can be a little challenging to get off. It's the Select Thermal tights - they make it in women's too.

Joe

• jsmithnyc Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    3. Feb 8, 2011 3:00 PM (in response to emilysparkle)

Emily - I recently found a brand called PLUSH and their leggings are perfect for running.  They're not meant for running I dont think, but I've been using them every day to run and as thermals when I ski.  There are 2 versions - one is a fleece-lined tight.  The 2nd is fleece-lined, but the outside has nylon shell that you were looking for - it's called the Stitched Legging #P301G.  I wear these out at night too!  you can check them out at www.plush-apparel.com or http://www.barenecessities.com/search.aspx?search=plush&ft=1.  They're so versatile and are perfect to run or cycle in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...