Skip navigation

2653 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2011 2:55 PM by rogerteel40 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • rogerteel40 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 26, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jan 18, 2011 2:55 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2011 Pensacola Beach Run Reviews

Awesome weather for starters. Started a little chilly but warmed up rather nicely. I just finished DISNEY that week before and a smaller crowd was very nice compared with the 22,000 at DISNEY. The course was laid out very nice and they were a lot of supporters and cheerers on the course. Did get a little confusing in the very beginnning when the turn around points started but since I was do the HALF just kept going and knew the course layout since a map had been posted for weeks prior. I also did the GULF COAST last spring and like this course better but will continue to do both. OVERALL a great race and well done by the PRA. Love the finishers medal and shirt. Did not partake in the after party because I had to get home for a lunch date. As long as the RACE at DISNEY and this one does not conflict I will keep coming back.......

• poomer Amateur 14 posts since
    Feb 6, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Jan 18, 2011 3:30 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2011 Pensacola Beach Run Reviews

Beautiful scenery - good weather.  I did the 10K and was really confused on where to turn around - I did see people turning before the actual turn.  Needs to be better marked in the future.  Great volunteers.  LOVED the packet pick up at the Grand Marlin - had an appetizer and a glass of wine before picking up packet - enjoyed that. 

Great cold beer BUT lack of food - the red beans and rice were fantastic - but really needed something else.  I did the Make it to the Line at the Florabama in December and they served red beans and rice, a salad and some bread - I was starving after running the 10K and needed a little more.  Did not see where I could even order some food at the Sandshaker.  Liked the after party at the Sandshaker though - tent was nice and warm.

Loved having the Chiropractor - Dr Bourjon doing stretching - nice for him to give his time.

Over all enjoyed the day - will do again next year.

Thanks to all the volunteers - as usual they were great and very friendly!!!!!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...