Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1252 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 4:12 PM by Goddess57 RSS
runbuckyrun Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 20, 2011 7:56 AM

Any RN's out there?

Hi, newbie here starting w1d2.  Any RN's out there or anyone for that matter just starting the c25k program?  A little sore today but not bad.  Just going to follow the program and hopefully make some new friends along the way!

• Sharpscalpel Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 10, 2011
    1. Jan 20, 2011 2:43 PM (in response to runbuckyrun)
    Re: Any RN's out there?

I'm an RN in Jax, Fl.  Avid 5k'er, done a few 5-milers, trying to get up to doing the Gate River Run this year.  Good luck with your training!

• Goddess57 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 22, 2011
    2. Jan 22, 2011 4:12 PM (in response to runbuckyrun)
    Re: Any RN's out there?

Yeah I'm an RN on a travel assignment.  I'm in W3D3 and seriously, this is going better than I had hoped.  I'm 53 y/o and in less-than-ideal shape but since I lost 10 lbs walking in the first month on assignment, I thought I'd up the challenge and try the C25K program to keep the weight loss going.  Good luck with your program.  I can't believe I'm doing this....I haven't run since,...oh, probably Junior High School, so this is really new to me.  Getting ready to head out now!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points