Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1526 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 4:56 AM by howtoreduceobesity
MizT Amateur 22 posts since
Jan 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2011 12:24 PM

Detox at Home?

Has anyone ever done their own DIY detox plan at home.  I'd like to try but not sure what I should take.  I don't want to buy one of the expensive kits on the market as I'm not sure what's in them.

Small steps lead to great things.
Walk before you jog, jog before you run, once you can run you are free.
P1030169a.JPG
  • CyndiNaomi Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 19, 2011
    1. Jan 20, 2011 7:38 PM (in response to MizT)
    Re: Detox at Home?

I wanted to try that as well but have no clue which is best or safest.  I have heard that Jillian Michaels has an effective detox kit,  does anyone know about it?

CyndiNaomi

• howtoreduceobesity Rookie 4 posts since
    May 8, 2013
    3. May 19, 2013 4:56 AM (in response to MizT)
    Re: Detox at Home?

"Detox" is short for detoxification and detoxification is a natural process involving your liver and kidneys and there is nothing you can do to effect it. It is impossible to detoxify a human once the toxin is in the blood with the possible exception of kidney dialysis, kelation therapy, and other expensive medical modalities. Currently "detox" is a faddist word, relatively meaningless, and is used to express that which the users cannot otherwise express because of ignorance of because the expression would be patently false.

Detox diets, cleanses, and supplements don't work. There is no diet which will cause your body to get rid of toxins, heavy metals, poisonous by-products from smoking, drugs, etc. And cleanses for the purpose of weight loss don't work because they can only eliminate water and small amounts of waste which the body will replace very quickly.

Check out these reliable references. Listen to experts, not a random bunch of strangers of unknown credibility in this and other forums. Here's what the experts have to say about cleanses.

HowToReduceObesity is a online Obesity blog where you can access all the information, tips, advice and other issue related obesity and wellness.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...