Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1293 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2011 1:06 PM by Superfiend RSS
Superfiend Amateur 3 posts since
Sep 6, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2011 1:06 PM

GoRuck / Tough Mudder Boston Training Group

Hey everyone,

I'm training for the Tough Mudder events in Pennsylvania and Vermont and I've also recently been considering signing up for the GoRuck challenge in late April/early May in Boston.

I'm wondering if anyone living in the Boston/Brighton/Cambridge area would be interested in starting a training group geared toward training for GoRuck (meaning we'd be doing our runs mostly if not exclusively with weighted vests/backpacks) and Tough Mudder events.

We'll do mid- to long-distance runs (5k+) with the gear on, stopping intermittently to do pushups, flutter kicks and other varied horrible things and work our way up from there. The workouts will be dynamic and intense - focus given to physical and mental strain.

As far as the time frame, maybe the group could meet once a week? The details will be left TBA until a sufficient number of people show interest.

Please post here if interested or seeking more information!

GoRuck.jpg

My boys don't stop.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...