Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2567 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2011 8:00 PM by sbmcrss21
sbmcrss21 Rookie 3 posts since
Jan 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2011 12:56 PM

Starting Couch to 5K today 1/24/11

Hi everybody!  I just finished doing Week 1, Day 1 an hour or so ago.  I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting this, other than I think maybe by posting I'll feel more accountable?  Anyways, I was pretty thrilled to make it through the workout today.  I'm so out of shape and overweight I thought it would be a lot worse!  I started the program because I want to run a 5K with a friend and coworker in May.  Here's hoping I can keep it up!!

• RLile11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 24, 2011
    1. Jan 24, 2011 8:55 PM (in response to sbmcrss21)
    Re: Starting Couch to 5K today 1/24/11

www.dailymile.com

Great site to find runners and motivation to keep going when things get tough,

RichardLile@gmail.com is my info to add as a friend

I started C25k tonight and have my first one scheduled for March 5th 2011

• Kristy Burleyson Pro 62 posts since
    Oct 18, 2010
    2. Jan 25, 2011 3:12 AM (in response to sbmcrss21)

I've just restarted this week myself, and need accountability.  DH and I signed up for a 5K in March to help with that and  I've got a lot of work to do.  Did W1D3 yesterday, so today is a day of rest for me.  Will have to rest tomorrow too as work will take me from early morning to night but thursday I'm back for W2D1.  I'm having a little soreness in my left shin, so I'm hitting a little Motrin.  Great job getting started!  I don't know about you, but I'm amazed at how out of shape I am.  I smoked for 20 years, stopped in 1993 but I think I can still tell some of the damage I've done cause I get so breathless.  DH just started too, and ran 1.5 miles yesterday without stopping.  I don't even try to keep up with him. 

Kristy in NC

• JoComfy Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 24, 2011
    3. Jan 25, 2011 4:27 PM (in response to sbmcrss21)

Hi there.  I'm as newbie as they come.  Just started C25K last week and currently on W2D1.  I must say I have the couch part down real well!   I'm a former smoker and very out of shape.  I start to look ahead to week 3, 4 and so on and it just scares the crap out of me.  I'm hoping I don't psche myself out and throw in the towel.  I'm also going to check out dailymile.com for motivation.  Good luck to you!

Nancy in Delaware

• KindaZen Amateur 16 posts since
    Jan 17, 2011
    4. Jan 25, 2011 6:32 PM (in response to JoComfy)

Nancy  - I did W2D1 today too.  I don't see  myself running 30 minutes ever, so I just don't look ahead. I only think about how much easier day one of week 2 was than day one of week 1.

KindaZen

Running for CCFA

• Denise748 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 21, 2011
    5. Jan 27, 2011 9:37 AM (in response to sbmcrss21)

I started TODAY!!!  W1D1.  I went up to the local park and did most of it on the grass.  I enjoyed the C25K prompting but must find earplugs that stay in my ears better....YIPPEE!!  I took the 1st step FINALLY.

• run4jaci Amateur 10 posts since
    Jan 27, 2011
    6. Jan 27, 2011 12:51 PM (in response to sbmcrss21)

I just started running again this semester (as I now have a break between some classes to allow me to go to the wellness center!)  I am not doing the C25k but trying to build my way up in the same kind of way.  I'm a former athlete and after having my daughter found the couch AWFULLY comfy! Best of luck to all of us!!!

• kinikisu Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 29, 2011
    7. Jan 29, 2011 6:33 PM (in response to sbmcrss21)

I am way new too! I just finished W1D2 and I'm pretty happy with it. Taking things one day at a time and looking forward to getting some results from this!  It's nice to see there are other newbies around for times when I'm not so sure I want to get my booty out there and hit the pavement!

I think it's good to do whatever you can to bolster your accountability! I am in a fitness challenge at work and we get points for different activities ex 3 points per mile, 10 points per pound lost. And then idk what we will do with the points but who doesn't want points?!? hahaha

Good luck to you all and grats on your progress!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...