Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2255839 Views 11,399 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2014 9:50 AM by Kelly1066 Go to original post 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 ... 760 Previous Next
  • Ultramilk Amateur 12 posts since
    Jan 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    5,820. Jan 29, 2011 2:07 PM (in response to Ultramilk)
    Re: 200+ Pound Club!

After 4 weeks, the results are in!

I completed my W4 and my weekly "weigh in" this morning.

When I began the program about 30 days ago I weighted 253.5 lbs and I could barely make it through the run.  At the end of the 1st week I was down to 246 lbs (and could barely make it through the W2 run).  By the end of week 2, I was down to 243 lbs.  After 3 weeks I was 240lbs.  I just got off the scale this morning and I'm down to 238 lbs15.50 lbs in a little more than 4 weeks!  I continue to eat healthy and eating my breakfast every day as well.

Although I've completed week 4, I will be repeating the week as I'm struggling with the 5 minutes.  No big deal, I'll "getur done" this week!  I've actually put on a size of 38 pants this week (although they were a little snug on me).  What a great feeling! 

As I mentioned last week, I was looking forward to reporting my weight in the 230's, I'm now looking forward to the 220's in about another 4 weeks; what a great feeling.  WOW!

Keep up the great work everyone, it really is making a difference to us all.

Brian

• TK56 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jan 27, 2011
    5,821. Jan 29, 2011 2:22 PM (in response to Jimmyangelino)

Way to go Jimmie!

You are an inspiration!!!

RUN ON

• NCHulk Legend 247 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    5,822. Jan 29, 2011 5:12 PM (in response to Jimmyangelino)

Yeah Jimmie!!!!

I had a weird day.  I went out to Shelly Lake for my 6 miles this morning.  I got about a mile and half in and got sick to my stomach.  I had to go off the path a bit and lost breakfast.  Phew! I don't know what it was, but, I don't wish that on anybody.  Oh well, Tomorrow is another day.

Arthur

"It does not get easier... you get stronger"

"Once I decided quitting wasn't an option, the rest was easy." - Michele

HARD WORK - DEDICATION!!!

• flamomof3 Legend 1,928 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5,823. Jan 29, 2011 5:15 PM (in response to Jimmyangelino)

Go Jimmy, Go Jimmy!

• mythic Pro 103 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    5,824. Jan 29, 2011 5:22 PM (in response to Jimmyangelino)

Congratulations jimmy!!

Kudos for taking on the challenge and meeting it with such enthusiasm!

You're right--the encouragement and the support goes a long way with each of us, and it's wonderful to read about others' progress on the program!

Even though I've completed the C25K program, I never tire of hearing about someone else conquering the '20-minute monster.'

Thanks for letting us share in this journey

C25K Graduate 10-30-10

"Do it now. You become successful the moment

you start moving toward a worthwhile goal."

~Samuel Johnson

• desertrose Pro 97 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5,825. Jan 29, 2011 5:46 PM (in response to Ultramilk)

@Ultramilk

Way To Go!!!!!  Keep up the great work!!!

@Jimmy

Congratulations!!!!!  Keep Movin'

I just finished week three and have lost 7lbs so I'm right behind you guys

• TK56 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jan 27, 2011
    5,826. Jan 29, 2011 7:36 PM (in response to NCHulk)

NC -- I hope you're not getting sick. Take care of yourself.

• LGruns Pro 89 posts since
    Jan 17, 2011
    5,827. Jan 30, 2011 7:05 AM (in response to Wideguy)

Jenn: Good luck on your first "run"! Yeah! I still haven't committed to one yet--blaming it on the kids not agreeing:)

Katie:I think I'll try pilates--at home first before I try a class at the gym. Sounds like a good idea! My husband does bring the most interesting food into this house as well! Mine isn't that good of a cook, but he does know my favorite "bad" foods:)

Teri-K: I get the grey cloudiness thing!!! I think I've read Cat in the Hat too much this month...sit in the house on that cold, cold, wet day....I think Dr. Seuss lived in the Northeast. Definitely go soak up that sun!!!

I did W4D3 Friday and a weight workout with 30 minutes on the loungechair bike(can't remember what the thing is called) today. I am actually excited to try W5!! We'll see how I feel after the first two workouts--I may stall there a bit. I am trying to decide on a run to sign up for. The kids want me to go for a 10K in May--does that sound like too much?

Tried to post this yesterday, but didn't go thru. Today I did W5D1. I found myself looking at the clock a couple times during the eight minute segment, then when there was 1-1/2 minutes, left, I was telling myself--oh, only a minute and a half, that's a breeze, you've got this--that made me laugh out loud--a few weeks ago I couldn't have said that!!!! Crazy lady, laughing on the treadmill:) I had a song on my new little MP3 shuffle called "I Run for Life", Melissa Etheridge that had me finishing that last 5 minute run strong. Crazy lady, trying not to cry on the treadmill.

Congrats JimmyA--I'm going to make it thru this week because of you--I'm running on your heels!!!

Thanks everyone for your support! Love this club!

Lynne

• chevyguru77 Expert 51 posts since
    Jun 29, 2010
    5,828. Jan 30, 2011 8:11 PM (in response to Jimmyangelino)

AWESOME job Jimmy!!!!!  WTG!!  It is amazing how mental this running game is.  Last week's 10 miler was horrible and I was dreading this weeks, but I ran with 2 other runners (faster than i) yesterday and finished my 10 miler 15 mins quicker than last week, and felt stronger.  These chics ran the heck out of me.  One of them is my wife's bootcamp instructor, she was pushing me the whole time.

River City 5k  7-17-10 @240lbs-40:06

Graduated C25K 8-20-10

ARK Classic 5k-9/4/10-target 33-35mins  Finish 9-4-10 @229-31.51

Tyler Curtis 5K- 9/25/10-target FINISH     Finish  9/25   @ 230-32.20

Spa City 10K- 11/20/10 target Finish       Finish                     1:09:40

Little Rock Half Marathon 3-6-11 goal 2:10      Finsh  3/6/11  2:26:33

http://connect.garmin.com/activities

http://sportypal.com/Workouts

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1461835785 add me

• ChunkyMonkey79 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 30, 2011
    5,829. Jan 30, 2011 11:51 PM (in response to chevyguru77)

Hi all....just wanted to introduce myself....I have been lurking for awhile, just never posted.  I am currently on week 4 day3 of c25k and my first race is on Feb 4th...next friday!!!!!   I'm super nervous. I know I wont be able to run the whole thing. My goals are to finish and hopefully not finish last Looking forward to getting to learn from the awesome knowledge in this group...Shell

• jillianp Pro 89 posts since
    Jan 16, 2011
    5,830. Jan 31, 2011 5:54 AM (in response to ChunkyMonkey79)

Hey everybody... haven't posted in a few days.  Did my first 5K on Saturday and I am only in week 3 now, (week 2 at that time) so of course my time isn't the fastest.  But I am really proud b/c it was better than I thought it would be 42:48 and that is after training 2 weeks!  Not bad! I was exhausted afterwards!  I'm finding week 3 and running 3 minutes to be a challenge.  I guess i will just keeep working and if by next week it is no easier, maybe I will need to repeat?

Mission Run 5K 08.13.2011 44:02

Ramblin Rose Sprint Triathlon 08.21.2011 1:18:21

Warrior Dash 5K 08.28.2011 61:19

Sunset Run 5K 09.02.2011 44:02

Rock the Block Moonlight Madness 5K 09.16.2011 41:26

New Belgium Urban Assault Ride 09.18.2011 completed! 2:15:00 approx.

YWCA Try A Tri Mini Triathlon 09.25.2011

Tour of Farmington 23 miler 10.15.2011

Reflex Sprint Triathlon 10.23.2011

Spooky Sprint 5K 10.30.2011

I am slowly becoming the person I have always wanted to be!!

• jillianp Pro 89 posts since
    Jan 16, 2011
    5,831. Jan 31, 2011 5:57 AM (in response to jillianp)

Chunky Monkey,

That was my goal too and I finished in the middle with a time of 42:48.... so I know you can do it!  I was only on week 2 then.  So if you're on week 4, you will have to be faster   Good luck and enjoy it, when you finish you will be so proud!!!!!!

Mission Run 5K 08.13.2011 44:02

Ramblin Rose Sprint Triathlon 08.21.2011 1:18:21

Warrior Dash 5K 08.28.2011 61:19

Sunset Run 5K 09.02.2011 44:02

Rock the Block Moonlight Madness 5K 09.16.2011 41:26

New Belgium Urban Assault Ride 09.18.2011 completed! 2:15:00 approx.

YWCA Try A Tri Mini Triathlon 09.25.2011

Tour of Farmington 23 miler 10.15.2011

Reflex Sprint Triathlon 10.23.2011

Spooky Sprint 5K 10.30.2011

I am slowly becoming the person I have always wanted to be!!

• SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    5,832. Jan 31, 2011 6:18 AM (in response to Wideguy)

Wow!  I am soo glad this thread it still going!  I remember when it started...the original 200+ club with Debbie and AFMR.  Then Wideguy was gracious enough to keep it going.

Anywho.  I am back.  I was training for a 60 miler walk and did it.  60 miles in 3 days and it was rough.  I felt muscles ache all over that I didn't know I had.  But that was in November. I was injured for a couple of weeks, took off to Puerto Rico for a week, cambe back Thanksgiving, did the Holidays and now it is the end of January.

I signed up for the Aramco houston 1/2 Mary that was 01/30/2011.  But I knew how I felt after 15 miles of walking at the 3 day and I wasn't sure I could keep up the 13:45 minimum pace needed for the first 9 miles of the 1/2 mary.  I lost my courage and didn't even attempt to train or run.

I signed up with some friends and my husband.  Two of my friends, avid runners, did it and did well.  My bestfriend didn't train because she had an MS relapse but was feeling better and ran but SAG'd at mile 5.  My husband did not train and didn't run and neither did I.

I went on Saturday to pick up my packet (I wanted my Tshirt). and when I saw all the runners at the expo (over 35000 runners for this event), I was humiliated.  I didn't even try. I didn't even attempt to train.  and now I wanted to run but knew I would injure myself, if I did.  So I walked around the expo and I must say I was a bit hurt.  I went to several booths from vendors and they dismissed me.  One said, "oh these are endurance bands for athletes and then turned away from me."  The girl at the Tshirt counter, took my husbands packet and processed it and gave him his tshirt.  I stood there with my packet and she walked away.  So my huband said, excuse me, she needs her shirt. The girl said," Oh I am sorry, I didn't realize you were running."  (I had a whole runners packet in my hand.)  The tension eased when she saw that my name on my bib was "SeeFluffyRun".  but then I just felt stupid because I didn't run...she was right in her first dismissal of me.  I was also dismissed at a vendor who sold ear pieces that don't fall out when running.  When I inquired about them, the man said, "Oh these are for runners who move around alot so that their earphones don't come out of their ears.  You don't need them for regular use."  To which I said, "I am a  runner."  He apologized but I should have apologized for lying.....I haven't run  in about a month and in that month I ran maybe 2 times.

So on sunday when I went to the run to chear on my friends, I was upset with myself.  And my bestfriend, that I thought was not going to run,,,,,was dressed to run.  She didn't finish and said the SAG bus humiliated her because she asked to be picked up at mile 5 and was not injured (she just recovered from a relapse of MS...a week ago she could barely walk and had blind spots).  And when I saw her after the race...she was disappointed.  I told her don't be...you had the courage to start and that is important.

And then John Binghams quote that I have at the bottom of my siggy came to life for me.  The miracle isn't that I finished...it is the fact that I had the courage to start.  So that is my goal, to start.  to just start.

So I am back.  Sorry so long but you guys are the only ones I share this with.  I try with hubby but he doesn't understand.  He is 5'8", weighs 152 and can pick up running at any given time and just do it, it comes naturally to him (and he is a smoker).  He will hear me but then try to fix me.  Sometimes I don't want to be fixed.

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

• LifeontheVerg Amateur 13 posts since
    Jan 31, 2011
    5,833. Jan 31, 2011 6:22 AM (in response to Wideguy)

Hey all. So I am going to start the C25K program this afternoon and see if I can get running without injury. A little about myself. I am a 30 year old male that weighs 250 pounds. I just recently got married and will start my new job next Monday and I thought I would take this week off to get started with the program. When I graduated from college in 2003 I weighed 415 pounds. By 2005 I weighed 185 pounds and did my first marathon. In 2006 I was back up to 250 pounds but did an ironman triathlon in Hawaii. Since then I have fluctuated between 200 and 250 pounds. I have never done anything like this but I am looking for some sort of support and motivation. It will be nice to interact with you all and I look forward to the path I am about to go down.

LifeontheVerg

• JKnow Expert 45 posts since
    Sep 14, 2010
    5,834. Jan 31, 2011 9:22 AM (in response to Wideguy)

WOW... So many new faces and great stories!!! I can not write enough congrats and praises for everyone as I get caught up reading... You are all A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Been a while since I've been here... A lot of LIFE has happened since November... I am back now and focused to get where I want to be. I took all of December off (for a lot of reasons) and had gout take me out for half of January.

So 1.5 months of not running and I could not go 1.5 miles without a break... I started C25k again and this time will do it in 9 weeks... Then on to 10k.. then a HALF

Goals for this year are:

Under 200 by the end of April (that would make 72 pounds in a year)

4 - 5ks

2 - 10ks

At least 1 Tri

and a "half" in the fall... I want to earn a "13.1" sticker on my truck.

C25k Completed on 10-NOV-10

Veterans Day 5k 13-NOV-10 time 33:32

Turkey Trot 5k 25-NOV-10 time 33:18

Nike+ ID: jknow

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...