Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3687 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2011 11:44 PM by KangooJumper RSS
warsh101 Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 31, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 31, 2011 7:57 AM

KANGOO JUMPS, HAS ANYONE USED THEM?

I just started running about 3 months ago, I’m a  big guy and tip the scales at 245 pounds, I am finding that if I run  more than 4 days a week I experience really bad knee problems. My friend  started using something called Kangoo Jumps a few morths ago, and he  swears by them.  I am thinking about getting a pair, but  they cost about $200 to $300 bucks. My friend is trying to tell me that I  won’t need to buy any running shoes after I get them because they cut  down on 80% of the impact to my body and that I will be able to run  every day if Ii use them. They best deal that I found on them is at a  site called Http://LowImpactRunner.com 

I  would really love some advice from someone other than my friend.  Preferably from someone that has used them before! This is a picture of  them, the ones that my friend bought:

ArmstrongXR.jpg

• Dustin Novak Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 8, 2008
    1. Jan 31, 2011 11:14 AM (in response to warsh101)
    Re: KANGOO JUMPS, HAS ANYONE USED THEM?

Yea - I ve been using them for 2 years now and they have saved my knees. I bought the XJ3 for $229 and they got here in a week.i am 40 yrs old and run 4Xs per week. If I did not use these on alternate days, I doubt I would be able to run this much. ALso, I cant stand using treadmill s or bikes so this has been an important addition to my workout - halllelujah!

• MarioGodivaFitnessExpert Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 1, 2011
    2. Feb 1, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to warsh101)

not only do i use them i sell them!  definitely better for you than normal running.  since you are 245 lbs i would recommend that you either use the Pro Model or the XR3 Model with the Pro T Springs.  the model that is in the picture is the armstrong model and i don't recommend if for people who are new to kangoos or who pronate or supinate.  the armstrong model is not as laterally stable as the XR3 or the Pro.  check out my website. www.mariothetrainer.com and let me know if you have any more questions.  hope you are well.

M

• KangooJumper Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 14, 2011
    3. Apr 14, 2011 11:44 PM (in response to warsh101)

I have to agree with Mario - Go with the Kangoo Jumps PRO model, the Armstrong doesn't offer enough support for a novice.

I also had knee trouble when running, but since I bought the Kangoo Jumps XR3, that's a thing of the past.

The great thing about Kangoo Jumps is that, apart from giving you an awesome workout, they're also a great anti-depressant:

It's totally impossible to be grumpy while you're bouncing, it automatically puts a smile on your face

They're not cheap, but they're sturdy and give you a lot of mileage. The online store at http://shop.kangoos.info gives you a great discount though.

Let us know how you do with them, I love to hear from Kangoo Jumps users

Attachments:

http://shop.kangoos.info Your one-stop shop for kangoo jumps low impact jumping shoes, accessories, dvds and spare parts. Super Spring Sale!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...