Skip navigation

5178 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 3:00 PM by jsmithnyc
emilysparkle Amateur 19 posts since
Sep 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 14, 2011 9:53 AM

Fleece-lined running tights recommendations?

Hey everybody,

I am looking for some warm fleece-lined running tights that I can wear running outdoors in those bone-chilling 10-20 degree days/nights. I'd prefer tights so I won't feel drafty air on my skin, and I'd like the outer material to be some kind of stretchy nylon-shell-type material, and I'd like them to be lined with some nice microfleece-type material.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• givenmt Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 18, 2008
    1. Jan 21, 2011 8:23 AM (in response to emilysparkle)
    Re: Fleece-lined running tights recommendations?

I have been thoroughly impressed with all of the CW-X products.  They have all different types of tights and/or shorts.  I know that they have Insulator tights which I think is what you are looking for.  I run all year long in Utah where the weather is not always the best and plenty cold.  I don't even use the insulator tights and they keep me plenty warm.

Go to their website and you can check things out under the tight selector tab.  Here is the homepage.

I actually have found that I like the tights so much during the winter that I have purchased the compression shorts for all other seasons.

Good luck!

• Billiken on the Run Pro 135 posts since
    Nov 28, 2007
    2. Feb 2, 2011 12:38 PM (in response to emilysparkle)

I have a couple different brands of tights and I'd say I'm most impressed with my Pearl Izumi ones for my coldest runs. They're fleece-lined and fit well. The only drawback is that they don't have zippers down at the ankles so they can be a little challenging to get off. It's the Select Thermal tights - they make it in women's too.

• jsmithnyc Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    3. Feb 8, 2011 3:00 PM (in response to emilysparkle)

Emily - I recently found a brand called PLUSH and their leggings are perfect for running.  They're not meant for running I dont think, but I've been using them every day to run and as thermals when I ski.  There are 2 versions - one is a fleece-lined tight.  The 2nd is fleece-lined, but the outside has nylon shell that you were looking for - it's called the Stitched Legging #P301G.  I wear these out at night too!  you can check them out at or  They're so versatile and are perfect to run or cycle in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...