Skip navigation

3325 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2011 7:40 AM by adanny14
ToughD Legend 502 posts since
May 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 11, 2011 4:13 PM

Mega Trade? Biggest Trade in Sports History?

ESPN analysts are calling it the biggest shake-up in sports history. It would leave 3 teams with a COMPLETELY different lineup. This trade would send Derrick Rose to Denver, Luol Deng to Golden State, Carmelo Anthony to Chicago, Chauncey Billups, Nene, and Aaron Afflalo to Golden State, David Lee and Steph Curry to Denver, and Monta Ellis to Chicago!

Chicago                                                  Denver                                                  Golden State:

Getting:                                                  Getting:                                                  Getting:

Monta Ellis                                             Derrick Rose                                             Chauncey Billups

Carmelo Anthony                                    David Lee                                                  Nene

Stephen Curry                                           Aarron Afflalo

Luol Deng

Losing:                                                   Losing:                                                    2 2012 first round draft picks from Chicago

Derrick Rose                                           Carmelo Anthony                                        Losing:

Luol Deng                                               Chauncey Billups                                      Monta Ellis

Aarron Afflalo                                              David Lee     

Nene                                                       Steph Curry

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6729/melo3001.jpg

Check out these links. The trade is supposed to happen in about a week.

http://www.espn.com/roseanthonytrade2/11/11

http://nba.com/articles.rosetodenver/2/11/11

Message was edited by: ToughD

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    1. Feb 12, 2011 5:51 AM (in response to ToughD)
    Re: Mega Trade? Biggest Trade in Sports History?

I would be SHOCKED if this trade actually went down. I don't see the Bulls giving away Rose. Right now, he's their franchise player. This is probably just a rumor just like how everyone thought Melo was going to the Lakers. Once again, the Lakers would have to give up Bynum. This probably won't happen. We shall see I guess.

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    2. Feb 12, 2011 7:06 AM (in response to ToughD)

I am with adanny14 on this one. I don't see any chance the Bulls would give up Rose. He is such a young player and most likely the future of that franchise. Also, not that I'm a huge Warriors fan, but I don't see them giving up their dynamite backcourt for an aging Billups and a slowly maturing Afflalo. I am a Bulls freak so personally I hope it doesn't go through!

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    4. Feb 12, 2011 8:47 AM (in response to ToughD)

I'm not so sure about the playoff experience. Rose was right there steppin up huge when the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 a couple years ago. And yes 2 franchise players would be nice to have but what happens when Melo gets sick of Chicago? I like Ellis also but if I were the Bulls front office, I keep the good thing they got goin now.

• jBRO25 Amateur 23 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    5. Feb 12, 2011 9:29 AM (in response to adanny14)

I agree with adanny14. These teams are basically throwing away their franchise players. We all know Melo is leaving Denver, but there's NO WAY that he'd become a Bull.

Melo isn't going to L.A. either. The Lakers coach Phil Jackson has already dismissed rumors of trading Andrew Bynum to Denver. He's supposed to be their "future Shaq" and bring the Lakers to the Finals after Kobe retires.

If Carmelo Anthony is going anywhere, it's New York. There is a 3-way trade in the process of being made. The Knicks would get Melo; the Timberwolves Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry; the Nuggets Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler,  and a First-Round Pick.

So, being a Knicks fan, I think the Knicks are FINALLY back in the playoffs.

P.S. Chris Paul would like to start a Big Three in the Big Apple as well. See http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/2472/paul-to-melo-id-just-tell-him-to-do-whatever-his-heart-tells-him-to-do for more info.

• jBRO25 Amateur 23 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    7. Feb 15, 2011 8:44 PM (in response to ToughD)

Whoa there. They may be stronger, but not better than the heat. Maybe just as good, but not better.

With this trade, they'll start Monta Ellis, Carmelo Anthony , Carlos Boozer, Loul Deng, and Joakim Noah. As good as that is, ur sayin they're better than the three all-stars in Miami?

Besides, IF this trade even happens, it might not work. Young, talented players tend to clash for the ball on the same team.

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    8. Feb 15, 2011 8:53 PM (in response to ToughD)

Wohhh. I don't think that's going to happen either. I am perfectly happy with the team the Bulls have now...by the way they won tonight and Luol Deng got 24 points...so i don't think the Bulls are looking to trade him or Rose right now. Anyways, if the guy who talked about this on the radio is the one my dad was telling me about today...then i don't think so. This guy supposedly thinks he knows everything about basketball and makes up (or makes a bigger deal) about trades...i disagreed with a lot of things he said.

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    9. Feb 15, 2011 8:59 PM (in response to ToughD)

Oh and i love the Bulls bench. Kyle Korver didn't miss a shot tonight (3/3 three pointers, 5/5 shots total, and 2/2 free throws) and Ronnie Brewer, Taj Gibson, and EVERYONE ELSE are amazing. Maybe that's just my opinion thought:)

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    10. Feb 16, 2011 7:40 AM (in response to jBRO25)

Yep. You're right. NO WAY this trade happens. Melo either goes to New York or stays in Denver.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...