Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

645205 Views 4,897 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2014 10:55 AM by jsimms435 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 327 Previous Next
  • EnricNL Amateur 19 posts since
    Dec 5, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Feb 14, 2011 3:55 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)
    Re: My last run was...how was yours?

My last Saturday's LSD (14mi): It was raining cats, dogs and horses, wind, temperature was 1 C (33 F, I think). I was already soaked in the first yards and it took me at least 3 miles to warm up...

I LOVED it.

And it's not that I had to do any special effort: I have no problem with cold, rain is nothing more than water and I love wind.

The only bad days for me is when I cannot run, and this for now has only been when I have been injured.

--

<a href="http://expat.runlevel0.net">The adventures of an expat running in the Nederlands</a>

• Bald_Guy Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 30, 2010
    33. Feb 14, 2011 9:53 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Ahh..my first post...

I'm Training for my 1st of 4-5 marathons this year. Pretty Pumped!!

My last run was....puddle fantastic. Here in Michigan the snow is finally melting leaving giant size puddles that would make a 2 year old smile from ear to ear!

I ran my dog for 2.5 miles in 25:59min and then ran myself 3.34 miles in 29:00min. Dog was happy and so was I!

Most of my run was puddle leaping lololo......and how was yours

Let's Move Festival of Races - Macomb MI - April 30, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Warriors Dash - Mt. Morris Mi - July 30, 2011

Martion Maraton Ford Park Dearbon Mi - April 2, 2011

Detroit Free Press Marathon -October 16, 2011 7:00 AM

More to be had........

"There's Always an End"

• Pete Metcalf Amateur 22 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    34. Feb 14, 2011 10:01 AM (in response to Bald_Guy)

From one bald guy to another...wear your cap...it's cold out there.  I don't know if you realize but Indiana winter sucks too and ...goes on forever.  Have yet to venture out this year but first short race is getting closer.  Doing Valpo 5k for ICE breaker this season and if I don't get off my butt...I'll be walking that one for sure.

Good luck with your Marathon plans...great social events.

May I suggest that Chicago is still open for registration....I like that one for end of season....Oct 9th...reistration usually closes by end of February...

Good Luck,

Pete

• Dog-lover Legend 373 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    35. Feb 14, 2011 10:06 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Hey Lucie,  Really nice 16 miler yesterday and a good 67 mile week.  Mileage is going up and so are my expectations for this year.  Doing a 1/2 and two full marathons in a seven week span this spring then another full in fall.  Hope this old body can hold up.... so far so good!  Good luck with your April 1/2 marathon!!!

Pete

Quote from Bob Moawad  " You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you are sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time"

2008 - Grandma's marathon - 4:51            2011 - Get in Gear 1/2 marathon - 1:46

2009 - Get in Gear 1/2 marathon - 1:49    2011 - Green Bay marathon - 3:51

2009 - Grandma's marathon - 4:13            2011 - Grandma's marathon - 3:45

2009 - Twin Cities marathon - 4:02           2011 - Minneapolis Pride 5k - 21:31

2010 - Grandma's marathon - 3:58 ya hoo!

2010 - Twin Cities marathhon - 3:55

• Run4Coffee Pro 143 posts since
    Feb 1, 2011
    36. Feb 14, 2011 8:48 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Too bad the foot hurts maybe the warmer temp in the spring will make better.

Just ran on the treadmill for the first time in over a month.  5 miles at 7:30/mile pace or 8 mph and a 2% incline, whew!  I'm sweaty and pooped.

• EnricNL Amateur 19 posts since
    Dec 5, 2010
    37. Feb 15, 2011 1:19 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Lol, nope.

I'm a Spanish / German expat in the Netherlands.

Just got used to the imperial system: It's so much convenient for running !

Yards are almost the same as meters and miles are longer than kilometers so that when I look at the distance on my sportband and see a 7 (im miles) it looks far less scarier than 10km

And the wheather here is almost as in Scotland, we call it "kut Nederlands weertje"... but without the nice outdoors and the hills.

Thanks for the kudos !

--

<a href="http://expat.runlevel0.net">The adventures of an expat running in the Nederlands</a>

• Art Davis Pro 112 posts since
    Jan 30, 2008
    39. Feb 15, 2011 4:34 AM (in response to EnricNL)

Saturday I ran 14.5 miles and on Sunday I ran 3.6 miles not to bad of a weekend. I took Monday off and I am going to do a short run tonight.

I am currently training for the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon in April, I have started a blog to document my journey from an overweight, out of shape couch potato to a marathon runner.

Getting Fit at Fifty

http://fitatfifty-art.blogspot.com/

Getting Fit at Fifty

http://fitatfifty-art.blogspot.com/

• Bald_Guy Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 30, 2010
    42. Feb 15, 2011 10:29 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

@Pete: The suns peaking out and this bald head needs some sun...its blinding white LOL!

@Lucy: I am trying to stay busy...and enjoy what little spring and summer Michigan has to offer!

I would like to try a out of state marathon like Pete said. I would of lover to do the Vegas one last year

My last run was..how was yours?....Well

Todays run:

Time: 0:27:51

Distance: 3.44 miles

Pace: 8:05min/mi

I had a 7:50 min/mi today in the partal ice / snow path. Im pumped! I let my buddiies that Im training

get a 5-10 min head start so I could catch them. So much fun and great training for me!!!

Let's Move Festival of Races - Macomb MI - April 30, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Warriors Dash - Mt. Morris Mi - July 30, 2011

Martion Maraton Ford Park Dearbon Mi - April 2, 2011

Detroit Free Press Marathon -October 16, 2011 7:00 AM

More to be had........

"There's Always an End"

• Pete Metcalf Amateur 22 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    43. Feb 15, 2011 12:36 PM (in response to Bald_Guy)

Got to cover that head and only give it 20 minutes a day for a month...once it peels its all over.

Nice going on the 7:50 pace....excellent.  Now, ease back and go for time on your feet...and  not breathless!

You are THERE,

Pete

• Run4Coffee Pro 143 posts since
    Feb 1, 2011
    44. Feb 15, 2011 6:44 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

I just love this thread it's so interesting seeing how people are training and progressing:  My run today at lunch time.  Oh yea, you have to run fast in order to make it back shower and dress before your lunch is over. lol

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/68506043

So glad to run outside today.  Last night I spend 40 mins on the dreadmill.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...