Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2649 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2008 1:25 PM by awnm 1 2 Previous Next
ExSwimmer Rookie 30 posts since
Nov 12, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 16, 2007 7:47 PM

Anyone starting Couch 2 5k this week 12/17???

I did the C25k program back in April and haven't run or exercised in a long while...and I am really looking forward to starting over.  Slow and steady is much better than trying to start in the middle or jump back in with a 3 miler.  I LOVED the program back in April and it's gonna be great this time around.  Anyone else joining me in getting started for a holiday C25k jumpstart?  I think I'll do my Week 1 Day 1 tomorrow morning (Monday). 

• iainr Rookie 51 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    1. Dec 18, 2007 12:22 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)
    Re: Anyone starting Couch 2 5k this week 12/17???

Hi Exswimmer!

Looks like no other starters have made it to the forum yet! Hope your first day goes well, let us know.

Good luck

• harrnjos Rookie 142 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Dec 18, 2007 8:33 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Since the "upgrade" there dosen't seem to be many people who are just starting the program. I'm in week 2. Perhaps we should combine "groups." I did my Week 2 day 1 run yesterday. It was a good run.

I also finished C25k over the summer. However, things got in the way, and I stopped running. Now I am back. I started last week, when the site was down. I thought there would be others.

How did your first run go?

• 1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    3. Dec 18, 2007 10:52 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Started on Mon and will do W1D2 tomorrow.  I've done the C25K before too and really enjoy it.  It keeps me motivated to do a little everyday.

• LindseyFurr Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 18, 2007
    4. Dec 18, 2007 12:47 PM (in response to ExSwimmer)

I know as cliche as this sounds I am going to start after the first of the year but it's for child care reasons....my husband is deployed and i'll be able to get the kids into a daycare so I'll get some free time...and it'll be some de stressing time...I just hope I can find some people to join me after the 1st of the year...

• odaniel0720 Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Dec 18, 2007 12:57 PM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Does anyone know where I can get the c25k training plan at? I just started over on week one, due to the fact I took some time off.

Dec 14, 2007
    7. Dec 18, 2007 3:59 PM (in response to ExSwimmer)

The original Couch to 5k program is at

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

• EIgirl Community Moderator 395 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Dec 18, 2007 4:43 PM (in response to odaniel0720)

free for your pleasure

Attachments:
    Dec 17, 2007
    9. Dec 19, 2007 8:38 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Hi Runners,

I doubt if we see very many new people starting the C25K now.  I'm also using the http://www.podcasts.ullreys.net and love it.  I've completed the C25K twice before and this podcast is very helpful.  When I was leaving for the Y this morning, I couldn't find my nano and I wasn't going to leave without my trainer.  It is so helpful not to have to watch the clock.

Before when I did this program there was a weekly thread with questions about your progress. I enjoyed reading all the posts and being accountable for myself.  Does anybody remember this? 

W1D2 was pretty much the same for me.  My ankles are a little sore but other than that no problems.  I need to get some new running shoes...I like my New Balance.

Hope everyone is having fun on their runs.

Carla

Dec 14, 2007
    10. Dec 19, 2007 9:58 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)

I ran Week 2 Day 2 today. Last time I did C25k, it was sunny and warm out, so I ran outside. Now there is snow and ice everywhere, so I'm forced to run on a treadmill. Treadmill running is so different from running outside. In some ways, it's easier, but I run on a 1.5 degree slope to compensate. The scenery isn' t as good. So far, running outside is much more enjoyable than running on a treadmill. In a few months, the weather will improve and I can go back to running outside.

I agree, most people who are thinking about starting the C25k are probably going to join enmass on January 1. My thinking is that if one isn't determined to start changing your life now, one will never permanently change. There is always some excuse to put things off. They will start on January 1, but many will drop out before the infamous Week 5, or week 9. By having a few of us a couple weeks ahead of that pack, we can cheer them on and let them know that this program really does work. It can take couch potatoes to runners in a couple months.

Dec 17, 2007
    12. Dec 21, 2007 9:20 AM (in response to ExSwimmer)

W1D3-Finished Week 1!!  I could have ran outside but it is so sloppy...melting snow,salt,cinders...the treadmill will probably be how I do all my runs.  I bump the include to 1.0 and listen to the podcast.   This morning would have been so easy to skip with so many things to do but having this program to follows keeps me motivated.

Can't wait to start on Week 2.  I'll have to see when the Y is open over the holidays.

Have a great weekend!

Carla

Dec 14, 2007
    13. Dec 21, 2007 4:58 PM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Good job for everyone who is finishing week 1! You made it through

W2D3 is finished. Off to week 3. I think our little group should create a name for ourselves. Ideas?

I ran the first week and a half inside, on a treadmill. I found that I hate running on it. It's boring and feels like I just a hamster on a wheel going no where. So despite the "warm" temperature of 25 degrees, and snow and ice everywhere, I tried running outside today.  I wore layers and my new running tights, and I didn't get cold. Compared to the treadmill, running outside is much more enjoyable, even if the weather isn't the best. Besides, it was absolutely gorgeous out, because of all the fresh snow from last nights snowstorm.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...