Skip navigation

1873 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2011 11:22 AM by Bridget Austin RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 28, 2011 10:15 AM

Frozen Shamrock 3-Mile Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Frozen Shamrock 3-Mile Run below Back to event details page.

• Shaelagh Florence Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 15, 2011
    1. Feb 28, 2011 10:15 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Frozen Shamrock 3-Mile Run Reviews

Great race! Thanks!!

• KL912 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 27, 2008
    2. Feb 28, 2011 10:17 AM (in response to Guest )

Nice course - too bad about the weather

Awesome chili and stew post race.  Love the medal!!

Will definitely do this one again next year!

• Runlongrunfast Amateur 84 posts since
    Jan 12, 2009
    3. Feb 28, 2011 10:21 AM (in response to Guest )

The weather wasn't great, but for Feb, it was fine, rather snow than rain :).  the course was a bit of everything, uphill, longhill, snowonhill, haha, downhill, level.. it was great!  the fact that when i got home i had already been emailed my information was awsome.  The sign in, the t shirts, the medals, the event people, it was all great, the chili and stew and beer was awsome, i will def be there next year.  Thank you!!

• BLavine Rookie 4 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    4. Feb 28, 2011 10:41 AM (in response to Guest )

A great time as always.  Too bad about the personalized bibs but everything else was perfect!

Small children left unattended will be given espresso and free kittens.

• Steve - Gmail Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 17, 2008
    5. Feb 28, 2011 10:45 AM (in response to Guest )

Great event run under challenging circumstances.  Thoroughly enjoyable.  Thanks to all who help with the event. I'll plan to be back next years.  On to Lawrence next week!

• madevine Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 10, 2009
    6. Feb 28, 2011 10:46 AM (in response to Guest )

The Frozen Shamrock lived up to its name! It was a great race, even with the snow.  Communication was great, with weather updates and quick results.  Only disappointment was in not having net times, only clock time, given that I was delayed at the start...otherwise, it was really well done!   

• Robbin J Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    7. Feb 28, 2011 11:23 AM (in response to Guest )

Running in the snow was interesting, and I'm glad it wasn't cancelled.  My only complaint was that I missed the start of the run -- the event clock still said 12:58 when I saw everyone running.  I wasn't last tho!!  Fun band and bar atmosphere afterwards.

• Somua S35 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 31, 2011
    8. Feb 28, 2011 12:28 PM (in response to Guest )

My first race and a great experience. Fun running in the snow, Haverhill did a great job clearing the way. Love JP McBride's!

• Dave Riding Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 15, 2009
    9. Feb 28, 2011 12:34 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun Race on a Fun course and an awesome medal.  Hoping I can clear my schedule for the remaining 2 races in the series.  I would have liked to have had a Net time, especially since we had chips, but the field was small enough that it probably wasn't too much of an issue. 

I did have one frustrating issue though.  Race packet pickup was not clearly marked anywhere(finally found it on the parking page today after reading the page twice.)  Upon arrival, I asked the MC where registration was because he was the only person I saw that looked like they were tied to the race.  He sort of waved down the road(toward the start) in sort of a "don't bother me" kind of way.  After walking at least 1/4 mile I figured I wasn't going the right way and headed back.  Then I asked some volunteers, who told me to ask some other volunteers and they pointed me to St Joes which was quite a way away from the start.  At that point I was already ticked off then I had to go into the gym and walk back and forth because the process wasn't clearly defined(might have been hindered by the additional people hanging around inside because of the weather.)  I would have given it 5 stars otherwise.

• Trek Tim Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    10. Feb 28, 2011 2:03 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race!  I was expecting to see more snow on the roads, but Haverhill did a great job clearing everything.  The hills were killer, but the chili at the end made up for everything.

Love the medal too.

• davecamire Amateur 87 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    11. Feb 28, 2011 2:56 PM (in response to Guest )

Thanks for the nice words about the event. We were not able to put down a starting mat because of the plowing situation. If a plow had gone over them it would have cause real damage. Next year if we get another snowy start I may consider starting in the adjacent parking lot so we can do net times. My apologies about the personalized bibs. There was a snafu in the approval process that prevented them from getting them done on time. Electric City, the supplier, has changed their process as a result. We will have personalized bibs for the next two races in the series. As for not being able to find the school we will have signage next year and I'll include a map on the website.

Thanks to all who brave the snow and cold to compete.

Regards,

Dave Camire

Race Director

• Heather Runs 2011 Amateur 13 posts since
    Feb 9, 2011
    12. Feb 28, 2011 3:51 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun race even though the weather was tough. There was really only on street that we were running on some snow cover. The Hills were challenging but a good change to a typical flat and fast race. My only complaint I came in the middle of the pack and at the finish there were people handing out the really cool medals but it was so crowded and a congestion of people that it was hard to find water.  Really could have used that right away. Overall was a great race great after party and will look forward to it next year!

• Sbyrne Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 6, 2007
    13. Feb 28, 2011 4:06 PM (in response to Guest )

Really good race, fast course, well run.  Soup and Chili at the end was great, snow was nice too.

• Jama1 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 21, 2010
    14. Feb 28, 2011 4:49 PM (in response to Guest )

Totally enjoyed this race! I absolutely loved running in the snow even though I was extremely tentative at first (do not need any injuries)! The draw bridge grating was a little challenging on the feet, but other than that, it was a blast running through the neighborhoods (even with the deceiving hills) and then through the heart of Haverhill. Considering the conditions, I think it was well organized. I am looking forward to Lawrence and Lowell!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...