Skip navigation

1360 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2011 6:52 PM by yankeejoe13
yankeejoe13 Amateur 13 posts since
Mar 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2011 8:28 AM

Transition

Im 5'10, not in highschool yet, and I play power forward/center on my team. Im strong but not the strongest guy on the court. Past few games ive been playing guard and loving it. The season ended so theres not much oppurtunities for me to practice being a guard during games. I have a pretty good mid range jumper but cant rly shoot the 3. Im a good ball handler but have to work on my cross over and off hand dribbling. any tips on how I could become a better guard (point guard preferably)?

• Legendary23 Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 5, 2011 6:26 PM (in response to yankeejoe13)
    Re: Transition

If your not a fantastic three shooter,i wouldnt suggest playing guard, but i think youd be a Perfeft Small Forward, they usually shoot mid rangers, have good ball handling, and arent the strongest, but still strong.

But if you wanna play guard thats fine. I would practice on your speed, big time, Run suicide drills in your back yar, or whatever court you're near.

Also shoot a lot of threes, force yourselfto make like 100 a day, and that will improve it big time. Ball handeling is really the only thing i cant help you with, because i play Center.

Good Luck man and i hope you can become a nice guard.

-Ryan-

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points