Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

669 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2011 10:27 PM by -John
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 6, 2011 10:33 AM

Fall Creek Thaw 15K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Fall Creek Thaw 15K below Back to event details page.

• jtrue Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 29, 2011
    1. Mar 6, 2011 10:33 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Fall Creek Thaw 15K Reviews

What a great event! Professional, time-chipped event with results emailed before i even made it home. Fantastic views along the course, great volunteers, each mile was marked wonderfully. Great course too, perfect place for a finish right on the shore at the lodge. The crew even had a weather report for us before we started. I can't wait for next year. The only thing i might suggest in the future is more pre-race info. You had to piece together the details from three separate websites (TN state site, active.com, and machtenn).

• -John Amateur 15 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007
    2. Mar 6, 2011 10:27 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Fall Creek Thaw 15K Reviews

It was a great event. There was a little drizzle but that only helped keep me from overheating. Great snacks at the finish which is almost needed for a race of this distance at lunch time. The venue is superb with the finish line in the event hotel parking lot. You do have to climb a high hill to walk to the start line, but that makes the race overall a down hill run. That is little consolation, however, after the long uphill of mile 6. It is nice to have the last 3 miles almost all downhill or flat. My chip didn't work for some reason, so I hope I got included on the results. My time was 1:18:38. That is probably why I didn't get the results emailed to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...