Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

17309 Views 101 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2007 11:32 AM by jjmoore033 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • runforyourlife123 Amateur 63 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    90. Dec 17, 2007 3:23 PM (in response to mbfleth)
    Re: so where do I find my Cool Running log?

Sorry

• Croydon Rookie 25 posts since
    Sep 16, 2007
    91. Dec 17, 2007 2:33 PM (in response to runforyourlife123)

rokudon...your not helping.

• RHerndon Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    92. Dec 17, 2007 2:39 PM (in response to dannel071)

I'll be gone afte the end of the year!

Once I finally was able to get my data merged I was really surprised at just how little info was there.  I lost everything related to individual days for the last few years and what I do have is lame.

What a joke!

• dtbrooklyn Rookie 10 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    93. Dec 17, 2007 2:58 PM (in response to Croydon)

I agree that that type of post is not helpful.

There do seem to be moderators or others from active.com reading these threads, however, so let me advise them.

People are resistant to change, especially distance runners who tend to be creatures of habit.  Many of us run near obsessively, and just as obsesively do we track our runs and our "mileage".  The transition to a new site and to a new log would never have been easy, but it has turned out to be a giant fiasco which will indubitably lose you more customers than you gain.  The new log quite simply lacks the functionality that the old one had.  There is no ability to see your mileage each week or each month, to track shoes you need to pay for the "premium" site,  there are no graphs of mileage easily available, and quite frankly the visuals and presentation are cheap and amateurish.  I'm sure there are others who can elucidate even more functionality problems with the site.  Perhaps you can fix some of them, perhaps you already have.  That doesn't really matter at this point because you have alienated so many people already in the first few days.  The other problem which people seem to be experiencing is a loss of  data.   As far as I can tell I haven't lost any data (but it's quite hard for me to tell given the unwieldy layout of the log), but for any data to be lost is simply unnacceptable.  This transition has been in the works for months, as coolrunning advertised it back in August.  Why then is the transfer this difficult?  Why couldn't both sites function side by side for a time to make the transition easier, and to avoid the types of problems that we have seen in the past few days.

However, my main complaint is this:  for a lot of runners, like myself, you are holding our information, our logs, the miles we ran, the routes we measured, the sweat that we poured out, and you are not letting us do with it what we please.  Where is the export function?  Coolrunning had one, but I can no longer access my log there.  I would simply like to export the data that you are holding hostage (my running of the past 3 years) and leave this site forever.  The minute that you give everyone access to their old logs, to the information, and the ability to export it, you will hear a lot less complaints.

I will never have anything to do with active.com again.  I've been a coach for 7 years, and my teams will never have anything to do with active.com again.  My friends, my family, my fellow runners will all know how active.com treats their customers.  It's not just here, by the way, if you check out other running messageboards you will see that active.com is being pilloried elsewhere as well.

Let us have our logs, and let us leave in peace.

respectfully,

David Talone

• dtbrooklyn Rookie 10 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    94. Dec 17, 2007 3:00 PM (in response to leendert)

no dice.  I tried your method and got to the main page, but after that  - the same message.

thanks all the same.  I guess i'll have to wait and see if active.com steps up and gives me access to my old log or at least an export function.

dt

• Croydon Rookie 25 posts since
    Sep 16, 2007
    95. Dec 17, 2007 5:20 PM (in response to dtbrooklyn)

Mr Talone, better words could not have been pecked out of a keyboard. I have painstakingly entered data at CR for two years. I am fortunate however to have been able to retrieve my data with the help of others on this forum. Be persistent. There are more post by the hour with ways to retrieve your data. I'm afraid all these "back doors" will shut as soon as Active is tired of everyone accessing the data. For now I think they are letting us get to it as a small form of damage control.

• Ravo Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    96. Dec 17, 2007 5:32 PM (in response to dannel071)

what a load of crap this new system is, runners world here i come!!!!!!!

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    97. Dec 17, 2007 5:37 PM (in response to dannel071)

We are interested in improving the site and helping our users get the best experience possible, which is why the Shoe Tracker is a free feature as of a couple weeks ago due to user feedback. If you have lost data please let me know by private message. The data can take up to 24 hours to upload and so far this process has been successful. We do appreciate your feedback and are working with all of the information we receive to work on continued improvements. Thank you.

Sara

• survived99 Amateur 50 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    98. Dec 20, 2007 7:40 PM (in response to dannel071)

What a horrendous transition!  Yeah, I'm a boomer, but I certainly am not resistant to change.  But change should be towards a better place.  This is not better.  All they had to do is change the graphics on the page from coolrunning to active.com's and they'd still have hundreds of pages to sell ads on.

I am very saddened by the fact that we can't track yearly mileage.  I turned 50 and was getting close to 500 miles this year.  Not much of a milestone, but a milestone nonetheless and a goal I was working towards.  I have no clue where I am now.  How could such a simple piece of software be so difficult to replicate???

• trib2ivy Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    99. Dec 21, 2007 7:04 AM (in response to celtic1234)

FInally was able to merge my cool running info. to Active's log.  The new Active log is not user friendly at all.  Miss the functionaity and ease of use of the old cool running log.  Active definitely is missing the boat on this one!

In my frustration, I was able to find a why to go back into my cool running log.  I remembered I had given permission to my son to view my log.  He still had the email with the web link so I clicked on that and it took me right to my log.  From there, I was able to go to Tools and download all my data since 2004.  It can be imported easily into Excel or into a database application.  I feel fortunate I was able to get to this file and save the history before Active blocked access.  Hopefully another site will come along with cool running's functionality and allow me to import.  Good luck locating your cool running log!

• RunZRun Rookie 54 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    100. Dec 21, 2007 8:50 AM (in response to dannel071)

the link think that everyone posted did not work for me. so i went to www.activetrainer.com and logged in with my new email id/pwd that i had to create.

it then gave me an option of importing my logs to activetrainer or saving it to a spreadsheet. i picked import option. i found that all my logs had transferred.

i took me quite a while to get the hang of the features. i have been logging since the last 2-3 days, and it has been working ok for me.

Ii feel better once all the old discussions and posters are back.

• jjmoore033 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    101. Dec 21, 2007 11:32 AM (in response to CarsonW)
    Re: Upgrade? You call this an UPGRADE??

I agree, I have been using cool running since 2003 with all that data saved and for all practical purposes it is lost.  You can't even get a total of mileage for any period of time.  This is terrible.  They have got a lot of work ahead to make this even remotely user friendly.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...