Skip navigation

1632 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 12, 2011 6:53 PM by be50720 RSS
SundayVancouver Rookie 5 posts since
Apr 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 5, 2009 9:21 AM

Walking in Vancouver Washington - we have a group

Hello there walkers.

We have been seeing more and more of you out and about, which is what this is all about, getting out and moving. 

The walk this past Sunday from Felida Bridge to Kline Line Pond was a great walk and we were so lucky with the weather, what a nice treat.

This week on Wednesday (5/6) walkers will be meeting at the Vancouver Weight Watcher center located west of Safeway at the intersection of Mill Plain and Andresen, meeting time is 5:30pm, this walk is 4.1 miles on flat sidewalks. 

On Friday, May 8th we will be meeting at the rest area at the corner of Devine and 18th Avenue at 6pm.  We will walk south to Leverage park, this is mostly flat on a paved path.  Round trip distance is approxima tely 6 miles.

On Sunday May 10th, (yes on Mothers day) we will be meeting at 11am at 9612 NW Lower River Road, walking the Frenchman's bar trail, this is easy going terrain all paved, 2.5 miles each direction.  To view this trail map click on this link.  http://www.cityofvancouver.us/parks-recreation/parks_trails/trails/frenchmans_trail.htm

As with all our walks if you want to walk a shorter distance you can adjust your turn around point.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I will have my cell phone at each of these walks if you need to reach me at 503-803-7725.

Hope to see you out there.  If you would like to be added to the weekly e-mail of the walking schedule, send an e-mail to ww@abcpdx.com with join group in the subject line and I will add you to the distribution list.

If you have suggestions as to where next weeks walks should be send them along.

Kippie

• be50720 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010

Has there been any activity since this first posting?

Is anyone training (walking) in Vancouver for upcoming events, i.e. Vancouver USA Marathon in June, and Portland Marathon in October?

55+ female walker

Portland Race for the Cure, 5K, 9/2008

Portland Marathon, 26.2 mi., 10/2010

Portland Shamrock Stride, 5K, 3/2011

Vancouver WA Marathon, 6/2011

Portland Marathon, 26.2 mi., 10/2011

Go UCONN Huskies!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...